*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483887-Lesson-Two
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1483887
Lesson two
Exercise 2-1
1. Could we have taken the train?
2. Sam is going to eat the whole thing!
3. The Eagle flew high to find her dinner.
4. They saw the movie last night.
5. Noah built the ark in forty days.
6. Cinderella's shoe broke.
7. Cat crept stealthily toward the sleeping baby.
8. We smelled the flowers even before we saw them.
9. Holding tightly to her hand, Jim helped her into the car. Correct as is
10. Sally Mae chewed the meat carefully and swallowed.

Exercise 2-2

Present: I sing. (simple)
Past: I sang. (simple)
Future: I will sing. (simple)

Present: I like to sing. (simple)
Past: I used to sing when I was younger. (simple)
Future: I will be singing in the choir tonight. (simple)

Writing Exercise 2-1 (Present tense)
Owning my own business is an amazing and challenging experience. I spent ten years working for various companies and earning a wage that didn't reflect my contributions or skills as an employee. However, as my own boss, when I work hard, I see direct results and benefits from my hard work. I don't need to report my hours to a boss in order to get paid. I go to work as my schedule allows.

I am also a mother and being a business owner allows me flexibility in my schedule to be with her more than if I were working a full-time job. I earn compensation that's a reflection of my contributions and skills in the business. I also receive tax benefits by being able to deduct expenses from my business that I might not otherwise, such as portions of my utilities, cell phone, internet usage, and mileage when using them for business purposes. Because of my tax bracket and income, I had been exempt from paying taxes for the last two years. I'm saving my tax refunds to buy my first house. I plan to purchase my home in two years.

Word Count: 191
© Copyright 2008 Charity Marie - <3 (cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483887-Lesson-Two