*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1484099-Gear-1-The-Before-Time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Other · #1484099
Before L.U.M was more machine than human. Before she knew MAKER. When she was Cossette.
It takes time to grasp things. Though some times, it only takes a few seconds to realize a good thing when you see it. He knew that he loved her as soon as he saw her. That long golden brown hair and those beautiful jade eyes. It was weeks before he could get up the courage to ask her name. His hole body trembled when he first walked up to her. She turned and smiled to him, flashing her snow white teeth. The words shook out of his mouth as his lips struggled to form syllables. "E-excuse me miss... May I ask your name?" The lady giggled at him, not used to this kind of formality with introductions. She bowed her head at the man, smiling from ear to ear. "They call me Cossette, Cossette De La'morte. And you are?" Cossette returned the question at him. Trying to return his politeness. "Oh umm they call me Che'ten." She smiled at him again, a light pink tinting her cheeks. From that day they were together as much as possible. Talk of flowers, tea and worlds beyond the sky passed there lips. As well as the occasional kisses. Time seemed to pass slowly, letting the two love birds soak up the days and dry out in the nights. Life was beautiful, no, life was a masterpiece. One just waiting to be stolen away....

I guess it didn't take long for Che'ten to find out what she truly was. He had his suspicions when she refused to go to into the town with him. Or when she hid when the guards passed them. It wasn't something he knew how to ask about, or if he even should. Che'ten didn't want to offend her, she was the best thing that had happened to him in forever. He tried to ignore it, tried to push it out of his mind. If he loved her, he could forgive and forget this few things.... Wait, that was new. Love? Faint traces of blush touched his face. It was so alien to him, this new emotion. Is that why he had only just realized what it was? Or was his mind just to busy fretting over some odd quirks. It was an over whelming emotion. Something that squeezed his heart just right, stopped his breath just long enough, occupied his mind at the right times. She was the one for him. Che'ten had waited long enough, he knew he had to tell her. His feet picked up the pace of prime steeds as he made his way to the spot in the forest she always seemed to be at. The leaves and trees seemed to move in response to his quest. His rushing feet settled as the clearing came into view. The wind stopped moving as the scene greeted him. Every thing grew silent when the ice blue eyes clashed with the deep amber red that covered the ground. He knew as soon as he laid his eyes upon this horrid painting that Cossette would not be coming to greet him today, or ever again. The only thing left was a partially drenched bouquet of clovers. He began to pick it up, noticing the leaves fall off as he did. Crimson amber liquid covered his hands and chest as he held it to his fast beating heart. She was gone. The woman who held the cosmos in her eyes and his life in her hands was gone. All Che'ten could do is collapse in her blood, trying to soak up the warmth from it. Trying to connect him self to her again. Would he lay there till he died?
© Copyright 2008 Luna Bell (lolitasamurai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1484099-Gear-1-The-Before-Time