*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/148535-Kiss-of-Death-1
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #148535
A new girl with an alluring personality arrives at school, is she what she seems?
Kiss of Death
Chapter One


This story is co-written by augusta31

         It was the first day back to school after Christmas break for the students at Falcon College, but to some it was their first day.
         Xavier walked down the hall trying to find her history class this being her first day.
         Brendan and Vincent, two students watched as they noticed a new girl walk down the hall. She had black hair with blood red streaks and emerald green eyes. She was skinny, quite tall and athletically toned. She wore black goth clothing and a flame pendent and had a diamond tattoo over her left eye. Brendan and Vincent felt as if they were in heaven.
         Xavier walked past two guys that were staring at her. “What so there something wrong with the way I look?” she snapped at them.
         Brendan stared at her unable to speak due to her beauty. Vincent never held anything back and spoke, "Nothing at all, you are a fine lady. Very fine I must say."
         “Well you know what I don’t care what you think and I don’t appreciate you staring at me,” she looked at Brendan, “What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue buddy boy?”
         "I ah... oh... ahh..." Brendan could not speak. Vincent laughed and hit Brendan in the shoulder. "I know what you mean Brendan, she's hot,” Brendan turned to the woman, "My name is Vincent Tyrone and this shocked guy is Brendan Garrett, what would your name be?"
         “My name is Xavier-Alexander McGregger.”
         Vincent thought that the name sounded like one of a male but he never said anything about that. "Hello Xavier," said Brendan finally speaking.
         “Oh so he does know how to talk,” said Xavier.
         Brendan blushed at Xavier's comments.
"So does Xavier have a boyfriend?" asked Vincent.
         “No I don’t have one nor do I have a need for one and plus what’s any business of yours? Oh look a guy who blushes.”
         Brendan stopped blushing and looked at the ground. "Temper, temper there goth girl," said Vincent walking off to his next class.
         “I would be watching what you call me,” she yells after Vincent, “Why can’t you look a girl in the eye boy?”
         "I'm not sure what it is with me today," Brendan replied, "I would forget Vincent's comments though. He has no girlfriend because the way he acts and what he says."
         “Well I’m used to it and I have been called worse for years. What about you?”
         "Me? Well I just hang around Vincent. The only reason I'm popular is because of him, if he wasn't around I would be nothing like I used to be in high school when people called me names endlessly."
         “Well you shouldn’t hang out with a guy who talks that way to girls, you look too nice to do that.”
         "Why thank you Xavier," replied Brendan. The two of them started to continue walking. "He is a good guy though, well most of the time. What class do you have?"
         “I have ancient history,” she simply said.
         "That's quite interesting. I'm majoring in history too, but I started last September." Brendan smiled at Xavier and stared into her emerald green eyes. "So have you made any friends here at Falcon College yet?"
         “No I have not I just started, this is my first day.”
         "Well if you have no one to have lunch with I would be gladly to join you."
         “Ok why not? I was just going to work on my essay,” said Xavier, “What class do you have?”
         "Essay? Is this essay for fun?" laughed Brendan, "Well in history right now I have Renaissance."
         “I have that class after lunch. No this essay is for ancient history,” she said, “When do you have medieval history?”
         "We just finished the medieval period before Christmas break," replied Brendan.
         “What classes are you taking right now?” asked Xavier.
         "Well today I have the Renaissance and after lunch I have a general education class in literature."
         “Me too, maybe you can help me find my class.”
         "Sure," said Brendan with a smile, "What cafeteria do you want to get together at for lunch? There is the one in B building and there is one on E building."
         “I don’t care, either one is fine with me even though I don’t know where they are.”
         "After your class right now I'll meet you right here," said Brendan, "Is that okay?"
         “Yeah that’s cool,” said Xavier as she headed into her class.
         Brendan watched Xavier head to class and he continued on to his class. During the two hours of class Brendan could not stop thinking of his meeting with the new girl. She seemed perfect, so pretty. He stared at the clock in the class; the time seemed to go so slowly. Brendan wondered if Xavier was thinking of him right now.
         Finally class ended, Xavier waited outside her class for Brendan. She thought that he seemed to be a nice guy and wondered if his thoughts were filled of her like hers are of him.
         Class ended for Brendan and he was about to walk out the door when Vincent grabbed his arm. "Hey Brendan, let's go down to Chubby's and get some lunch."
"No thank you," said Brendan pulling his arm away from Vincent's grip, "I am having lunch with Xavier."
Vincent laughed, "That goth girl freak!"
"Watch what you say," said Brendan leaving the room. He walked up to Xavier, "Ready for lunch?"
         “Yeah lets go,” agreed Xavier.
         Xavier and Brendan walked down to the cafeteria, got a bite to eat and sat down. "So Xavier, tell me about yourself."
         “Well I come from Ireland, my parents are dead and I own a tavern.”
         "That is very interesting that you own a tavern, and of course I'm sorry over your parents passing."
         “They have been gone for years. I have been running my tavern since I was fifteen.”
         "That is very impressive," replied Brendan "Is the tavern in the city here?"
         “No it’s in the country,” she replied.
         "I see, who is running it right now while you are here for college?" asked Brendan.
         “One of my friends, how about you tell me about yourself.”
         "Well there is not much interesting about me," replied Brendan, "My whole life I have lived in this area, born and raised. Now I live in the college dorm away from my family. Not as interesting as owning a tavern I must say."
         “Well I live off campus how old are you?”
         "I'm nineteen years old, how old would you be?"
         “I’m also nineteen,” she said with a small smile.
         Brendan nodded as he stared into Xavier's eyes. There was something very alluring about her. Finally Brendan snapped out of his dream state. "Do you like to be called Xavier or Xavier-Alexander?"
         “Most people call me Max.”
         Brendan thought for a second and realized why people called her that, it was her initials backwards.
         The two continued to talk as they ate their lunch. Brendan thought she was a beautiful, smart and friendly person.
         “So when is your next class?”
         "At one o'clock, the same time as your next class," laughed Brendan, "It's our literature class."
         “Oh duh, shouldn’t we be heading to class? It's bout 10 till.”
         The time flew by fast and when Brendan looked at his watch he swore and then apologized.
         “Well let’s go so we ain't late.”
         Brendan and Max got up out of their seats and Vincent met them. "So what are you two lovebirds doing?" he asked and then laughed.
"Please be quiet for once Vincent," demanded Brendan.
         “He ain’t my love bird smart ass, he’s just helping me find my classes. Is there something wrong with that?” she asked sternly.
         "Sure," said Vincent making a kissing face while walking away, "Brendan tell me if you get some tonight."
Brendan never realized until now how annoying Vincent was.
         "Never mind him."
         “Well he don’t bother me, plus I was always told to say it was because he was jealous.”
         The two began to walk to class. "That's the way he is. He is very popular but not in dating and he does tend to get very jealous."
         “Yeah I can tell.”
         They both laughed and headed for their general education literature class.
         “Where do you usually sit in class?” she said after they walked in.
         "Well this is the first day for this class for me as well," replied Brendan sitting down, "I guess this is where I will sit."
         “Ok,” she said as she sat down next to him, “Is the teacher tough?”
         "I have never had this teacher before. Calm down Max, I don't think you have anything to worry about."
         “I shouldn’t but I still worry. Hey why don’t you come to my place tonight for dinner?” she said with a little excitement in her voice.
         "I would love to," whispered Brendan as the class begin, "That would be wonderful."

view the next chapter "Kiss Of Death 2

Post your thoughts at the "Invalid Item! :)


© Copyright 2001 IrishHuntress (vampiress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/148535-Kiss-of-Death-1