*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485669-Musics-Impact
Rated: · Assignment · Music · #1485669
A short 3 paragraph personal essay on music's impact on teenagers and myself.

Music, with its pulsing beat, euphoric and powerful meanings, creates a lust that many teenagers feel. It acts as a stimulant, boosting our adrenaline, emotions, and spirits. Music has caught the attention and love of teens for almost as long as it’s been around, not just recent generations. Whether the fans have been screaming for the Beatles, Motley Crue or for Green Day, teenagers all over the world have become obsessed and enthralled with music and musicians for years. In the words of Friedrich Nietzsche, “Without music, life would be a mistake.” This is a statement that is completely and utterly true in every way. Devotion to music, listening and playing it, is what I choose to put all my time into. There’s a song written about every possible situation and event to help make life more bearable.

I’ve always held the belief that music is the soul passion that some people feed off of and live for. When they – me included—go without music for a certain amount of time, they live with that starved hunger and deprivation for the sound of it, even just a taste of it. Music drains away all the bad emotions I have locked up inside of me that I can’t get rid of. There’s a desperation to include music in our lives at all times, for the passions of music enjoy themselves. Music creates a feeling that’s mixed with ecstasy and energy, ignited with an anger and passion that we can’t ignore. It’s very well known that teenage years can be hard on a person. Listening to songs that you can relate to creates a feeling of understanding and belonging in a person, knowing that there are other people out there that feel the way you do. Reciting the words of Jean Paul Richter, “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life”. The beautiful phrasing and words of this statement reveals the truth felt by us all. Each musician’s creations are appreciated by different people at different stages of their life. With the artist’s words reflecting your thoughts and feelings, it’s a comforting sensation. It also sparks the mood for happy events, such as parties, weddings and sporting events. I wouldn’t be able to resist music for long, for life without my drum set would be a lonely one.

Being described as the shorthand of emotion, music is almost every teenager’s source of passion and exhilaration. Creating a flood of emotion in teenagers doesn’t take much when it comes to a melody, and we all strive to find that something to describe us as a person. The perfect song. Acting as an inspiration that teenagers today eat, sleep and breathe, a good composition can be an antidote to any sadness. When I play music, its like my insides are screaming, the excitement thundering in my ears in a deafening fashion. Pure exhilaration. To listen to a song and thoroughly enjoy it is like eating a sweet candy. You pop it in and savour the taste, rolling it around and are left with a sweet satisfaction once it’s done. Music, to teenagers, isn’t just an interest, it’s a passion and a tie that binds us forever.
© Copyright 2008 majere30 (majere30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485669-Musics-Impact