*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486135-losing-identity
Rated: 18+ · Article · History · #1486135
Rant about cults
It's just like those cults you see. Opening coffee shops in your town. You know it may appear to be a new zen kind of coffee house, with their urba matte and other weird sounding beverages. But something you might not know is that these are recruitment offices to lure you in to losing your identity, and possibly everything you've worked hard for. Some people would do more then anything to be accepted. Yes, They would be willing to lose their own identity. Women, Yes. Women are joining cults, just to be made subservient slaves. I thought that was over. I really did think that that era was done with. Remember how big the Women's Lib movement was in the 70's? Was that for nothing?
What kind of sense of acceptance do you need? Religion isn't going to save us. You need to believe in yourself.
If you don't believe in yourself, You become another piece of a large cloth. Or perhaps, a swirling pendulum, trying to make you "get sleepy". Either way, You're probably going to be pretty brainwashed. Mesmerized, perhaps. Enthralled. What kind of life is this? It reminds me of all the Polygamist raid news. They were completely right on what they did. Those kids were probably being raped nightly, probably made to be the slaves. The men were rude to the women, and the women probably transferred all their emotional manic, havoc and panic unto their children (or rather, their children & the sister-wives children, and probably their childrens' children.)
Needless to say, There's so many problems going on in the world.
There is only so much one can do.
© Copyright 2008 Margaux Mayhem (retrognomes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486135-losing-identity