*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486142-Hunting-Spirits
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Horror/Scary · #1486142
What can happen when you seek out haunted adventures?


Travel through the magic door, a fantastical night awaits.
Follow the howl of the wolf, a welcome chill he creates.

Candles flicker, lighting a path through halls where spirits remain.
You sought adventure; we aim to please. Bid farewell to the world of the sane.

The blood of many covers our walls, decorations of souls long past.
Quick, look in the mirror for a peek; images of the White Lady won’t last.

Hush, hush now, my fearful guest; they feed upon your screams of shock.
Exploring haunted realms was your want; to survive, keep your terror under lock.

Witches and vampires crave new flesh; feel their breath upon your skin.
Move quickly, the lights grow dim! This house is picturesque of morbid sin.

No rules, no boundaries, all is fair. Why the tears? You asked for this game.
No magic hat to save you now. Hunted by the haunted, shame, shame, shame.

Give in, sweet visitor, all is futile; curiosity has brought your fate.
The piercing fangs provide the rush, pleas of forgiveness come much too late.


14 lines
© Copyright 2008 audra_branson (abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486142-Hunting-Spirits