*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486214-Crossroads
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1486214
This is a poem I wrote in a troubling time in my life.
  My feet calloused from the journey I have forgone.
My face chapped into submission from the cold northern winds.

I have traveled both the path of the righteous and as well
the path of woeful indignation.

Although I pray to the heavens for a taste of peaceful splendor,
I fear that my next steps will be through a threshold of an event horizon
from which there will be no return.

While I dance a jig for the master of puppets that pulls my many strings, I’am stifled from cutting myself loose by the horrors that it brings.

I have stared into the Abyss intently to try and see a light, only to find the Abyss peering into my soul and fearing that it’s right.

I have tripped and fallen many times taking the road that I’ve been on, but fear not my friends, the coldest hours come just before the dawn.

As I stand before you with body and mind weak and frail, heed my words when I say in vengeance that I will not fail.

So on this road less traveled I’ve come to a clearing in the pass, and all will gaze in amazement when this phoenix rises from the ash.


Superman812
© Copyright 2008 Superman812 (stevepoorman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486214-Crossroads