*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487398-Detachment-is-not-an-option
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Personal · #1487398
I wrote this while contemplating my conflicting feelings of regret and gratitude.
Have you ever had complete and total faith in another person and their creations? I'm not talking about being a fan. I'm talking about quite honestly falling in love with someone so entirely that the things (whether it be harmonious music to your ears, a painting that pulls you in, a piece of writing that grips you, or a sight caught on film that makes you feel like you were right there at that very moment) are all-encompassing pieces of you? And you may know this person in only the most intimate of ways or you may never have met them face to face; hell, you may never get the chance to look them in the eye. So many can say that it's a lifestyle, but that they never let the emotions come into it. They pretend to be Kate Hudson and try to take on the form of her endearing little rendition of Penny Lane in Almost Famous, but the fact remains that that particular chick ended up almost dying of heartache...as so many of us are destined to do...over and over.

When you live in and around an artist's world, when you become one yourself, you never realize just how much you've put yourself out there until it kicks you in the face...seven times. So why is it then that those things, those creations still, to this moment, make you feel more alive than ever before? Because they'll never go away. Like memories, good and bad, only worse because there can be hundreds of memories attached to one photo or one song. Maybe the one that brought them to you is long gone. Maybe they're the one with the big egotistical steel-toed boot that mangled your face. And left you feeling empty in a ditch where a mut will soon lift his leg on you. And none of that matters. You loved it. You lived for it. You probably still do.

Mainly, what you have to remember is that as soon as you choose to live with or be an artist, you have officially lost your marbles. And be excited. And get ready because there is no other lifestyle which holds more egos, heartbreak, betrayal, happiness, disappointment, adventure and pure. unadulterated. emotion....than this of an artist and their lovers/groupies/fans/wives/husbands/sisters/brothers/mothers/fathers/friends..........................................
© Copyright 2008 Sookie Summers (adriananna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487398-Detachment-is-not-an-option