*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487984-Comeuppance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1487984
The Lord works in mysterious ways, sometimes the Devil does too. A work in progress.
Greg 'G-Dog' Smith and Anthony Johnson were content now. The liquor store had more than they had first thought. The Asian cashier hadn't been ready to die, so he'd given up the two hundred dollars and change from the register.

"Yeah, Dog, this is the life. I could do this every day." Anthony bragged. Not yet twenty, Anthony had joined the gang early and was proud to tell people about it. Various scars bore silent witness to the several gun battles he'd been in.

'"This ain't enough. We need more," Greg replied. G-Dog was nearly thirty five, too old for many gangs, but Anthony looked up to the veteran criminal. Some people need to be led.

Wes Auckland, the only white guy in the group, sat silently, pulling a drag from a joint he'd rolled himself. Wes fit in with the gang perfectly. He liked doing the dirty work, whether it included casing a store, torching a car or intimidating a witness. It was all the same to Wes.

"Let's go rough up the punk kids at the playground," Wes suggested. No one was sure if he was joking or not.

"Beat up some snot nose kids?" Greg sneered. "That ain't nothing, man."

A sudden inspiration seemed to hit Greg. "C'mon, y'all. I know what we can do."

As if on silent command, Wes and Anthony rose and followed Greg out to their '88 Monte Carlo. The two tone vehicle had been through the wars. Even now, bullet holes still remained near the driver's side door.

"Time to have some fun." Greg flashed a sinister smile and put the car into gear.

Chapter 2

Edgewater Park was the place to be in the summertime. This day was no different. Temperatures in the 80's and cloudless skies were drawing people by the scores. Even gangster wannabes liked the beach.

"Damn, man, look at all the honeys", Wes chuckled. "Looks like we gonna have some fun out here, brothers."

"Naw, man," Greg argued. "We ain't here for no fun. We about to make these fools respect us." He parked the car and headed toward the picnic areas away from the surf. Wes and Anthony, as usual, followed.


© Copyright 2008 Guardian25 (sgtslaughter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487984-Comeuppance