*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488041-To-Recover-a-Flame
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1488041
its about love so let me know what you think
As I walked over to the snack machine room I glanced at the clock it was twelve-fortyfive and the crowd in the cafeteria was noisy as usual. The smell of deep fried food tickled my nose as I began to think about where to go next. I mind wondered while looking over a crowd of the famiilar faces I've seen all year.
"what are we going to do?" asked my friend chris who had been following me for the past five minutes.
"shoot, I don't know" I gaffed, "Mr.Becks room is closed, Mr.stannards room is closed, We've got nowhere to go but here."
I leaned against the wall bored and uneffected by anything that was going on around me.
"oh my God! look at S playing with R, shes such a hoe. Shes trying to get with every guy in the school."
Chris was talking in his first-letter-of-a-name code so that nobody but us knew who he was talking about; And because I was so used to his never ending highschool drama , I non-chalantly replied,
"yeah, S just goes around the clock".
Again I scanned the lunch room, girls,boys, freshman, seniors, juniors, all the same.
Just then, I happened to look near a corner and something or should I say someone, caught my eye quick, fast and in a hurry. My stomach begin to turn like I just ate cheesecake and potatoes. A golf ball swelled in my throat and my eyes begins to water with nervousness. It was a feeling I know all to well. It was him back form the cast of "Diffrent Worlds", or as know as, college. He was wearing a striped shirt and khaki pants, and even though he was here just the other day, this day was special. It was the day I knew he would be back for a who two months of summer, a chance to rekindle a flame that had slowly but greatly brightened the shadows of our hearts. Possibilitys simmer in my mind.
© Copyright 2008 michelle (cmc16luvme4me at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488041-To-Recover-a-Flame