*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488056-NHS-Acceptance-Essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lindy
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1488056
my essay to be accepted into the national honor society.
Throughout my years as a high school student of Garber High School I have gained a number of valuable skills I will use for the duration of my lifetime. I have acquired experience through extracurricular activities and knowledge through classes offered to me. It would be a great privilege of mine to be a part of The National Honor Society in Garber High School Chapter. I view myself as a highly competitive and passionate student. I’ve proved that I have the ability to handle my academics along with my extracurricular activities. I feel I have many qualities that would benefit The National Honor Society through my acceptance.

I’m always striving to be the best I can be. In Varsity Tennis I showed hard work, dedication and passion my freshman year. These qualities lead to my promotion from Junior Varsity tennis to Varsity Tennis mid-season. Being a freshman, the upper classman players struck me as intimidating. However, I broke through my barrier of insecurity and became the closest I’ve ever been with a team. Many of those team mates are great friends of mine now. I learned to work hard for what I want, never to give up and once I’ve achieved what I strived for, improve what you have. Never stop working.

During my high school years leading up to my junior year I have participated in over eighty hours of community service. I have learned not to be afraid to confront strangers and start a conversation. I’ve become comfortable with awkward situations caused by informality. I really benefit from however, is seeing the smiles and appreciation in someone’s eyes when simple kindness is shown by a stranger. I have a very approachable personality and have proved this to my peers, as I have been approached by several in the past for advice. I believe if you treat others how you want to be treated and give back to your community, you will be rewarded in the long run. I feel kindness goes a long way and if you can pass a simple smile on to one person or open a door for another, they will pass the feeling you give them on to others.

Lastly is my passion and commitment to my academic studies. From my freshman to junior year of high school I have obtained a 3.5 G.P.A. My G.P.A certainly did not come easy to me. I had to acquire the valuable skills of multi-tasking and prioritizing. I learned to juggle my time between tennis, choir at my parish, and school. I’ve the self discipline to complete all my assignments even under the most trying conditions. I’ve made social sacrifices for my grades and have stayed home my share of Saturday evenings to study for tests and quizzes; something most my age would not be willing to do.

I do believe I demonstrate rewarding qualities that would benefit The National Honor Society in the Garber High School Chapter by accepting me into the society. I will work as hard, if not harder, as I do in all that I do; Offering my ideas to already existing members and relishing in his or her ideas to help benefit the society as best as possible.

© Copyright 2008 Lindy (lindy54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488056-NHS-Acceptance-Essay