*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488158-Army-Werewolf-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1488158
A book about an LTC that gets bitten by a rare spider and becomes a werewolf.


Chapter One



1

Dr. Constence Chivanney, a research doctor, has been undergoing intense research on a new kind of wolf spider that was spotted about six months ago. Tomorrow morning, she is doing a public presentation of the spiders, and all of her ongoing research, to show the public the information she has found out. Dr. Chivanney works out of University Hospital in Syracuse New York. University Hospital is a medical university as well as a hospital to many. Medical research is just one of the many things that take place on an every day basis at this hospital.
June 23, 2009 6:30 am, Dr. Chivanney began setting up her research in the auditorium of University Hospital. Display after display, glass tanks with the actual wolf spiders in them, and a full speaker system with her own personal wireless microphone. Each set of displays consist of two wooden displays of information and three glass tanks. She has a team of two movers to help her, that’s it. Her biggest worry was making sure that everything was carefully placed into the auditorium and that there was going to be enough room for people to comfortably sit and enjoy the presentation.
By nine o’ clock in the morning, the wooden displays had all been set up on tables and it was time to set up all the glass tanks to go with them. The movers carefully put the first three tanks on the left side of the auditorium with the first set of displays, and another three tanks on the right side. In the middle of the room, Dr. Chivanney decided to do one large rectangular tank instead of the usual three smaller tanks, due to the fact that she was going to be doing most of her talking and explaining from the center of the room. The two people she had doing the moving, took the two spiders out of their habitat in the small glass tank, and placed them into the much larger habitat. Again, they moved the spiders from the next tank into the big glass tank in the center of the room. The third small tank however only seemed to have one spider in it, rather than the normal two. The one spider that the movers could see was much larger than the other spiders that they had moved. They carefully moved the spider from its smaller tank into the much larger tank and once again sealed the lid so that the spiders would not get out.
The one thing that the movers didn’t know, was that there was a second spider in the last tank, however much smaller than all the normal spiders that they had moved. It was a recently born spider from the much larger one. This kind of wolf spider only lays one egg in a habitat, which two weeks later, hatches to be one more wolf spider. The eggs are almost microscopic, and are unable to be seen with the naked eye. The small spider that the movers did not know about, climbed out of the glass tank and made its way to a seat in the back of the auditorium and attempted to stay hidden from site, to avoid being killed as the movers or anyone else would see it as a normal spider.
At noon time, it was time for the presentation to occur. The auditorium filled up quickly. Students, teachers, doctors, the whole works had come to see Dr. Chivanney’s research about this miraculous type of wolf spider. Finally, the doors shut and the presentation began.
“I would like to welcome everyone that has decided to attend this presentation today. I have a lot of information I would like everyone to hear today, and I would also like all of you to see what this new kind of wolf spider looks like.”
The small spider that did manage to get free, climbed up the leg of an Army Colonel from Fort Drum. He was the head of the medical division of Fort Drum. His name was Col. Robert Graeson. The spider made it to the neck of the colonel and no sooner did it get there, Col. Graeson jumped up and started to get reckless. His neck was burning really bad and he couldn’t tell why. He instantly slapped at his neck to see if something was on it, and to no prevail, there wasn’t. This breed of wolf spider, after it bites someone, dies instantly. As soon as it had bitten Col. Graeson it fell to the floor and died, and managed to get crushed under the combat boots of the Colonel.
Dr. Chivanney asked the Colonel if everything was ok, and he said that it was, and he sat back down. He figured that it must have been a mosquito or something that had bit him and he continued to listen in on the Dr.’s research. After about two hours of talking, the Dr. allowed everyone to stand up, and on their way out of the auditorium, circle around and see all the spiders in their habitats. About an hour after people started to move around in the room, the room was empty. People had cleared out and either went back to work, or went home.
Colonel Graeson decided that his day was over and he was going to go home and relax for the remainder of it, with his family. He sat down for dinner and told his wife and two little girls about what he had found out from Dr. Chivanney’s presentation and asked his family how their days all went. After a wonderful conversation with his family at the dinner table, Col. Graeson decided that he was going to go upstairs and take a nice hot shower. No sooner did he get upstairs and into the bathroom, he passed out and hit the floor. He woke up, almost as if he was dreaming, and stood up.
It felt really weird, almost like there was a brisk wind rolling into the room. My hair on my arms was standing strait up. Then, out of nowhere, it was like I got hit with an eighteen wheeler, and I curled over onto the floor. I was going through a change, I wasn’t sure why or what, but I could feel that my body was changing. Nothing minor, I couldn’t quite tell how much of me was changing, but it was slow, painful, and made me hurt from head to toe.
The first big change that I noticed was that my fingers and toes began to get longer. My nails grew and became pointed. The hair on my hands and feet grew dramatically, covering all the visible area. That was just a smaller external change that I had noticed. It seemed like my body was physically changing on the outside, but nothing as of yet had felt like it changed on the inside yet. It seemed like I was growing hair all over my body now, rapidly. The hair was long, almost an inch in length and dark brown, almost black. No sooner did all the hair grow on my body, it hit me. The inside of my body was changing now too. I could feel each and every organ and muscle change.
It first started with my stomach. Almost as if it split open and everything I had eaten that day, spilled out all over my insides. I was starving, like I had not eaten in almost two weeks. My body had begun to produce more stomach acid and bile to break down food more rapidly, causing me to be very hungry, which for some reason I was in the mood for some meat, bloody meat. My lungs then started to expand. They wrapped in and around my chest, which for some reason was pushed out and elongated. I was breathing harder and longer breathes. The intestines were next. They felt like someone pulled them out and stretched them. I must have been growing in length. The way I felt, something was wrong. My neck grew longer, nose and mouth extended as if to the shape of a wolf. All of my teeth became pointed as to resemble sharp fangs.
Finally I looked up and checked the bathroom mirror. I was a wolf, but yet I still resembled the shape of a man. A werewolf, I knew the pictures from movies and books that I had read before. Somehow, I had changed into a werewolf.


2

Instantly, I bolted out of the bathroom window, and on all four legs, charged towards post. For some reason, I had the urge for revenge, but on the same hand, was craving blood. The post commander, General Meyers had just been promoted to the post command. We were in competition with each other for the promotion and position. He won the spot and the power. He was going to be first.
Knowing where he lived, I made my way to his house. It was close to ten o’ clock at night now, and the moon was high. A full moon to be exact. Gen. Meyers had already gone to bed with his wife, and all the lights in the house were shut off. He never had any children, so he had a smaller house for someone with his income.
I climbed myself up onto his balcony and opened the door. Surprisingly, he didn’t lock it, which made my job that much easier. The balcony lead directly into Gen. Meyers bedroom where him and his wife were currently sleeping. Knowing what I had to do, I made a dash for his bed. Opening my mouth, I landed my fangs directly on his jugular and began to thrash around. His wife woke up and began to scream. The only thing she saw was her husband lifeless, being thrashed about. Not knowing what was killing her husband, she tried to make a run for it. I released Gen. Meyers and ran after his wife Christina. Running was really easy now. Christina didn’t make it very far before I caught her.
My newfound nails became very handy. I jumped onto her back and began to thrash my claws repeatedly on her back, tearing through the clothes, then skin, and then meat and muscle. It was the greatest feeling in the world. The heart was next, as it became dinner. I ripped it out of her chest and tossed it into my mouth, crunching down on it as its last pumps of blood gushed out of its ventricles. Then it was time to go back for Gen. Meyers, the whole reason I was there in the first place. Gen. Meyers was laying lifeless on his bed with his throat ripped out when I got back into his room. I lashed back onto the bed and continued to tear at him. Using my claws, I thrusted my nails so hard at his neck, where I tore at him before, that I decapitated him. His head rolled off the bed and lay there on the floor in a pool of blood. With the hunger for blood that I had been having, I went after his heart as well. It was like my trophy. Get a kill, eat a heart. Loving every moment of when the heart pumped its last bit of blood out of the ventricles, trickling down my throat as I began to chew.
Before anyone came to the house to check on the screams, I was gone. Back into the moon filled night, I ran. No sooner did I leave the house and get to the wood line the MP’s showed up at the house to see what had happened.


3

The night was still young, and I had much more hunger to feed. One thing that I remembered from being a Colonel in the medical field, is that hospitals always have people in them twenty-four hours a day. Gen. Meyers lived about two miles away from the hospital. Guthrie Hospital was my next stop, and knowing the population of it, who knows when I will get finished.
I made it to the front doors, and went around to the supply truck entrance out back. No one ever used the supply entrance at night. The supply entrance was closed in by two-way revolving doors. On all four legs, I charged through the doors and made my way into the first room, empty but full of boxes. A wonderful place to hide and make my place of hiding. Not like I am really worried about anyone, but if I wanted to make the most of my dinning experience, I would need to keep myself hidden until the times are right.
From supply I moved into the radiology department where I knew there would be a receptionist and a couple of radiology techs. I kept myself laying low to not be seen by any emergency room patients that were there for overnight problems. Luckily there was no one in the waiting room for me to avoid, so I made my way into the reception office, where there was a young lady text messaging her husband on a cell phone.
I lashed at her, teeth and claws forward. She had no idea that I was there so I was able to get her by surprise. Very little screams came from her when I connected with my claws. Instantly, I planted my teeth directly into her face, tearing the muscles and ligaments off from her jaw, one by one. You could see the actual jaw bones, pouring blood all over the reception desk. The receptionist immediately placed her hand on her face and I forced her hand strait through her jaw and out the other side of her face, dislocating and removing all the muscles and tendons in the way. Her body went into immediate shock and she froze, so I tore her are back through her face and thrusted my left claw strait through her rib cage and into her heart. Her heart lay beating in my claw, as I tore it out of her chest the same way I put my claw through it. Ventricles still attached, I slashed my claw away from her lifeless body, and tore the ventricles apart from her body, as she poor blood all over the floor. Only one thing left to do, eat the heart as yet another trophy. Again, a mere snack for a werewolf like me, so I went looking for more.
Knowing how the hospital is set up, I made my way into the radiologist tech rooms where there stood two techs looking at an x-ray of someone’s chest. I instantly lunged at the closest tech, who was on the left hand side. Automatically thinking to kill the first person quickly, I pushed my claws directly through his chest and pushed his heart out through the front of his rib cage. Still holding the heart, I pulled my claw back through the techs body and began to rush towards the other tech. He was trying to run out of the room at this time and I stopped him in his tracks and shut the door. There was a hook on the back side of the door for the techs to place the lead aprons on. I took the tech, and lifted him onto it, and placed the hook directly into the lumbar section of his spine, holding him there on the door. While the other tech watched, I began to slowly lick the dripping blood off from the first tech’s heart. I threw the heart into my mouth and went back over to the suspended tech. For some reason, I wanted this one to die slowly and painfully and I couldn’t quite figure out why. Then it hit me, this tech was my understudy in the hospital. I took my claws and pushed them into his eyes and removed his eyeballs on my claws. They looked as if I had been making human skewers, part for part. As he hang there, screaming, I sunk my teeth directly into his neck to shut him up. Removing his Adams Apple with my teeth, I couldn’t wait any longer, so I tore the front side of his body apart. First the skin, then the muscles, then the ligaments and tendons, then finally I broke his ribs directly off his body and tore out his heart. At this point in time, he hang there lifeless so I licked up the drippings from the bleeding heart, and made myself yet another minor snack.
From radiology, I moved my way down the hall to where I had hidden before, the supply room. While in the supply room I heard a loud racket. Someone had called the MP station and notified them that there is someone in the hospital killing people. Several MP cruisers full of heavily armed MP’s showed up to the hospital and rushed through the emergency room entrance. I knew what I needed to do, and that meant that I needed to get out of that hospital, and fast. I wasn’t about to get taken down just yet. My hunger hasn’t subsided and I still craved more. For some reason, eating the heart of my victims was slowly easing my craving for bloody meat. It was like filet mignon of the human body, and I needed more of it.
On all four legs, I made a run for it out of the hospital through the supply entrance that I came in from. The MP’s on post weren’t very bright, so they didn’t think to cover all the entrances to the hospital with armed personnel. So once again, I made a run into the moonlit night, strait into the woods where I went back into hiding.


4

It was approximately three o’ clock in the morning now, so I only had a few more hours to do what I needed before daylight hits. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen when daylight came around, but I knew that I would need to stay hidden because people would have an easier time to see me.
A few miles down the road, I heard a faint sound, so I went near the road to see if I could find out what it was. It was a teenager that was outside on a skateboard. Quietly, I moved myself closer and closer to him and decided that I would finish my night with the child and get back to my house before daylight hit. I lunged at the child, knocking him off his skateboard onto the street. To keep the child quiet, I took my claws and snapped his neck right in half, then dragged the boy into the woods where I would have my next and final snack for the evening.
Using my claws, I sliced the child open from chin to midsection. Removing organs one by one, I made my way to where the ribcage holds my snack, this innocent heart. The most tender of them all, the heart of an innocent, someone who hasn’t been corrupted to life’s problems. Blood that is the sweetest, and meat the most tender, it was the greatest snack I had to this point in time. Once I finished the heart of the child, I made my way back towards my house.
Quietly I went into the house through where I left, the bathroom, and lay there with the door locked until daylight, and slept.


5

When I woke up the next morning, I was human again. I immediately looked in the mirror to see if there were any permanent changes to my body, and luckily, there weren’t. I took a shower, got dressed, and went to the kitchen, where my wife was preparing breakfast.
“Where were you last night”, my wife said.
“I’m sorry baby, while I was in the bathroom, I got an emergency phone call and rushed out of the house as soon as I could. I figured I would be quick so I didn’t say anything, so that I wasn’t held up. Please forgive me.” I said.
“Of course I forgive you, I just wanted to know. That’s all”, my wife replied.
As soon as my wife said that, the news came on. Headline news, mass murders on Fort Drum. There were no suspects currently, and the number of killings was unknown at the moment in time. At that point, they had the three from the hospital and the general’s house. They had not found the child yet. The only leads they had on any of the problems was that the heart was removed from all of the victims.
Knowing that they were trying to find who or what had done the killings, I needed to get myself off from Fort Drum and not come back. I planned to take off later that morning, so I got into my car and I was gone. Not to turn back to Fort Drum ever, leaving my family behind me. Where to go, I wasn’t one hundred percent sure yet, but I knew that the best place to hide would be Maine.
Maine is full of woods and animals, so I would be ok there. The car that I have is a ‘69 Dodge Charger. Completely fixed up inside to resemble the exact way that it was manufactured. The engine was a big block engine. Jet black paint with the angel of death painted down both sides of the car. It was going to take me approximately eight to ten hours to get where I needed to be in Maine, so I started on my way.
My goal is to get to Baker Hill Road, in Freeman Township where my wife’s family lives. A small little blood red cottage house in the middle of the woods. A perfect place for me to hide out so no one will ever find me. I didn’t know if the changes were going to be common, or just once in a while, so I couldn’t take any chances. The thirst for the blood, and the taste for another heart didn’t go away. It stayed with me while as a human as well as when I am a werewolf. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m going to have to make the best of any situation that comes.
I had finally figured out something about those new Wolf Spiders that were being researched, but I was unable to tell anyone about it. The name was given to them perfectly. The Wolf Spider. They should have been called the Werewolf Spider, but no one could have ever known that if you get bit by a wolf spider, that you would end up turning into a werewolf.
© Copyright 2008 Corvenous Clay (mark.frank at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488158-Army-Werewolf-Chapter-1