*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488272-Project
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1488272
For a contest. Preparing for the project.
“Hello? You awake, my boy?”

“Eh…what?”

“Guess you are. Heh.”

“Wh…where am I?”

“Wide awake huh…let’s see here. Your name is Chris. Yes, that’s your name and to answer your question, you’re on level five, research and experimental laboratories. Your new home, my boy.”

“What? This isn’t my home. Who are you?”

“Dr. Mecaller. Professor Mecaller, if you like.”

“I don’t understand. Why am I here?”

“A lot of questions you have, don’t you, boy? Well, to be honest, you are here because you fit the curriculum for test subjects of Project: Renewed Glory.”

“Test subjects? For what? Why?”

“To be more clear, you are here to be processed, enhanced, and tested for our new militant project.”

“Wait, no. I didn’t agree to this. I don’t remember.”

“You will eventually, but that won’t matter for long.”

“What do you mean?”

“In a few hours, we’ll be placing microchips in your brain so we can program your movements and reactions to our commands.”

“Wait, no! Let me go! I don’t want this!”

“Anxious, I see. Don’t worry, we’ll be on our way soon enough. This is just a checkup. You know, scan your vitals, record your default readings, and some more things.”

“Please, no. Please!”

“Relax, my boy. Let’s just hope you’re better than the last recruits.”

“What last recruits?”

“Those who didn’t make it far through the project. Didn’t make it past the enhancement phase. Too bad. Maybe you will be different.”

“Please, no! God! Help me!”

“Calm down, my boy. It’s alright. You should be proud. You’re to be the next step into the world’s military police force. You‘re here to preserve our future.”

“Shut up! You’re insane! You’re an idiot!”

“Heh, you’re most likely right, but I’ve made a job out of what people think is insane. And many other people think I’m a genius.”

“You’re an idiot, now let me go!”

“No, not yet. We need more readings and we still need to insert those microchips in. You shouldn’t worry. You won’t be able to feel pain, fear, or be conscious soon. You have my word on that.”

“No, let me go! Let me go!”

“Doctors, inject some sedatives into him, please.”

“No, you bastards! You fucking bastards!”

“It’s alright. Calm down. Let the medicine take it’s hold on you. Doctors, get him prepped for surgery. I want those chips in him by the end of today.”

“No…no. Please, let…me…go. I…hate you.”
© Copyright 2008 D.L. Don II (constat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488272-Project