*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488348-Todays-Economy-Can-Be-a-Blessing
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #1488348
Embrace Change: Today’s Economy Can Be a Blessing
I know what you're thinking. How in the world can today's economy be a blessing? When people are losing money in the stock market, foreclosures at a record high, and thousands of people are losing jobs everyday. It is very difficult to see the blessing, I agree.
So let's break this down a little bit. Let's look back when the economy was booming. People were making money in stocks, real estate was increasing at an unbelievable 10%-16% a year (depending on the area) and it was difficult to not find a job. This created a feeling of wealth. Now let's be clear about that statement. It created a feeling of wealth; I didn't say everyone was wealthy. But they thought they were. Huge difference. This feeling came from a booming economy.

Ok, what's the point? The point is feeling wealthy and then not feeling wealthy is more dangerous to an individual then being wealthy and then not being wealthy. See, the feeling came from the comfort of the economy. So people did nothing more then what they always did. They simply benefited by a great economy. Now, when you lose that "wealth feeling", the feeling that was not earned but simply provided, the feeling that was provided to you by overflow of a great economy, you fall harder then the person that loses actual wealth. Why? Because you don't know how to get it back. Which is why losing a false feeling of wealth is much more dangerous then losing actually wealth... Are you with me? Here is a simple but very effective example. If you are on an island and all you have to eat is the fish swimming in the oceans around you. Would you rather have a master fisherman with you to catch you tons of fish? Or would you rather be taught how to become a master fisherman yourself? You heard the Chinese Proverb… "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime." So you can wait for someone or something to "provide" fish, wait to feel wealthy depending on an outside source. Or you can catch your own fish and create your true wealth. The beautiful thing is... If you choose to create it, you will possess the ability to re-create. But the true meaning of wealth is not only money. True wealth is when you make a difference long after you're gone. When you make a difference in the world, and a difference in your children's children's lives! This is a lot more valuable then the money. The wisdom you pass on and the people you assist around you and the lives you touch, this stuff means a lot more then money and will bring you more money then you ever thought possible. The reality is everyone wants to be wealthy. So why are only 3% of Americans millionaires? Well, because those 3% have a bigger purpose then just money and that purpose drives them to success. That purpose drives them past adversities. That purpose is why they don't give up. So when you think of wealth, don't only look at dollar signs, look at what it takes to get there. Wealth is a lifestyle, a way of being, a rich balanced life that effects others in a powerful beneficial way!

Ok excellent point, great! But I know what you're thinking... How in the world does this tie into today's economy being a blessing?! I will explain. See in my life's experience I had my biggest benefits, and my biggest opportunities come from my biggest adversities. The hardest time in your life is simply the biggest opportunity in your life. This current economic situation spells opportunity. It will effect people in two ways. Most will clam up in a ball of fear, and pour stress all over themselves and their family. Hoping that something or someone will turn things around for them. They'll hope the next president will make things better, or hope the next lottery ticket is winner. While very few people will get out of their comfort zone and except nothing short of a better situation. They will take action. They will not hope they will create! They will think and lead the way. They will not wait. My friend, this is called, self responsibility and self reliance. So how is this economic melt down a blessing? It will create self reliance in some people. It gives you an opportunity to take a very clear look at your situation, and you will or will not realize you have to ability to choose what you do next. You have an opportunity to create something, to control your result. Most people do not re-evaluate themselves when things are great. But they certainly do when things get tough. So here is your chance, your chance to be a blessing in your own life. Our results are a direct result of our choices, period. If you don't agree, well then there is a good chance you will be one of the many that will hope your way through things. If you agree, then your life begins now!

The worst time in my life was the best thing that ever happened to me! If things are tough for you right now, bring your family together, whoever that may be for you. They are the reason we get up everyday. Strengthen your family during a challenge, which will only make you stronger in overcoming the challenge. Release the stress by allowing gratitude to enter your heart. We often take for granted the amazing amount of things in our lives that TRULY matter, all those things that will fill your heart with gratitude... And a grateful heart has no room for stress!


EMBRACE THE CHANGE.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS.
BE THE CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE NOT THE EFFECT.
BE THE BLESSING IN YOUR OWN LIFE!




**Lou Ventre is changing lives all over the world.  This home business entrepreneur retired from working two jobs at the young age of 33 and is teaching people to do the same for themselves.. For a FREE copy of some success principles used to change Lou's life, goto www.enjoylifeandmoney.com
© Copyright 2008 Lou Ventre (enjoylife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488348-Todays-Economy-Can-Be-a-Blessing