*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488521-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1488521
A brief word on my ideas and the characters surrounding this story idea.
An experimental story exploring human emotion and mentality. It is inspired by, for some reason, and motivated by Muse, and space. It's my priority at the moment and something I really want to develop into something (hopefully) good. Surprisingly, I am happy with the title, but the character names I am most certainly NOT happy with. For now they are working names, but neither really suit the characters and I hope to find something suitable during the process.

I have not developed a full plot outline yet, because it is taking some time and I am having some trouble in fleshing anything out. The characters are there, andthe general idea, just not the full story. There are already some changes lined up, but a lot of work is needed on this...

Lexi is cynical, sceptical and dissatisfied with life. She hates so much about the world, people and life, she finds solice in outer space. It his her lifeline, her drug. It sedates her and eases her. She, out of choice, fails to get on with people. She finds most people judgemental anyway, so she decided at a young age not to bother. She lost both her parents and lives with her bereaved grandfather. She has one friend, Connor, whom she got to know in the middle of high school. They started talking in an art class when Lexi was getting complaints about a disturbing piece of work she did, based on a band she liked. Connor intervened in defence, because he liked the band too. They shared similar tastes in music, and Connor even managed to get to sit next to her in every art lesson. Lexi warmed to him because of the music and the lack of judgement, and to this day he has remained her only friend. Music is very important to them both. Connor is in a band and he can't imagine life without it. He is also a sceptic, only he is more positive. He takes what he can get out of life and won't let anyone stand in the way of what he wants. Lexi, however, suffers in silence and goes with the flow.

The problems start when Lexi begins to feel things for Connor. Years have passed since they met, but now she is feeling things she never even believed in. These emotions clash with her thoughts and her mind, and begin to rip her apart. She sinks into a depression and fears she is also beginning to lose her mind, but all the while, Connor is trying to get through to her. He's concerned and isn't going to ignore the fact that his friend has become incredibly unstable.

Whether or not anything happens between them is unclear as of yet, but Connor dies later, leaving Lexi, having been unable to cope so far, on the brink of self-destruction.

What follows are the only extracts I have written. Some may feature in the final story, some may not, but they are just bits and pieces I have written since the inception of the idea.
© Copyright 2008 Psyence53 (mariacollis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488521-Introduction