*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488917-Sci-fi-Political-War-Series---Prologue
by Blaze
Rated: E · Other · War · #1488917
A group of factions engaged in fierce dispute, sparking a cold war, but will it turn hot?
*** EDIT: PLEASE Stop by and leave some C&C!! Any and all comments are appreciated!! ***



Classification: Restricted file; 
Serial: D1311Y 01
Author: Windfall City Military.
Date: August, 2560 
Status: Hacked
… I have condemned the existence of the Uysan family, and confirm that, to date, no traces of the Uysan family has been located worldwide. As such, the investigation has been dismantled and a new authority established within the cities at which the family reigned. These include: New Haven, Saturn, Sky Keep, Tonto and Windfall…

***


          Myril, home to almost 18 billion people whom are scattered across the dozen continents strung around the planet, sparsely connected by islands and shoals. 
          Hundreds of independent city states dotted the continents, each with their own reining government. Almost every city independent and distinctly different from their neighbours, no two cities were quite alike.   

          During 2490, four trade alliances emerged, each gathering a handful of city states together, and each similarly spreading natural resources and production of goods across the member nations evenly. These city states became dependant on one another. Although trade alliances had existed before, they had never grown so large as to dominate a continent and surpass local governments. However, one alliance known as the Allegiance of Northern Traders – ANT – situated in the northern most continent called Sela, began to break down, its initial purpose sinking into murky waters.
          The 34 member states of the ANT saw one of their members, the city of Kali monopolise the staple foods market, forcing prices to soar exponentially. The ANT stepped in immediately, developing a militarised body in 2498 to quell the emerging monopoly and unfair trade practices of Kali. The remaining 33 cities donated local police forces to form the new alliance branch.
          Kali, after 4 months of their food staples monopoly feared repression and incursion from the new military, and returned its prices to normal. The ANT subsequently issued a new law, restricting its members from conducting abusive trade practices; any unfair trade practices would have the offending city state face complete isolation from the alliance and its members, possibly even face an incursion from the ANT’s militarised branch.

          The ANT, with its new militarised body, sought to intimidate non-member city states flush with natural resources into membership.
          With the new militarised strength of ANT, and the growing power over its members, the ANT now controlled all trade, legal systems and governments. The ANT had effectively unified the now 144 cities across Sela into a well oiled, healthy machine.
          During 2509, the ANT made a crucial mistake. Whilst the ANT was the largest alliance in Sela, and considered one of the strongest military presences through out the world, in all its pride it overlooked the rulers of Sky Keep.

          The Uysan family controlled all the northern most region of Sela; the southern most city was Sky Keep, nestled in the mountains, known as the only safe entrance to the Uysan Empire. The mountains on either side of Sky Keep were stretched as a border, spanning to the oceans on either side of Sela, separating the Empire from the world. The Uysan Empire had always been a favoured tourist destination; however was scarcely visited during winter due to Sela’s unique seasonal pressures, as many of the shoals and island routes became to dangerous to travel through to even reach Sela, let alone travel to the Uysan Empire trapped behind the icy mountains.

          The ANT did not immediately recognise Sky Keep as a part of the Uysan Empire and demanded Sky Keep to join the ANT. Failure would result in military actions against Sky Keep. Despite rejection from Sky Keep several times and despite now being aware of Sky Keep being owned by the Uysan Empire and governed by several Uysan family members, the ANT was too proud to admit fault in chasing an Empire member. The ANT also feared an uprising from some of the newer, unsatisfied members should the city of Sky Keep escape joining the ANT, and seemed adamant on using its seemingly infinite military prowess to bully the historical Uysan Empire.

         Two months after the initial demand for Sky Keep, the ANT made a manoeuvre intended to frighten the Uysan Empire in to surrendering Sky Keep.
          The ANT, confident in its military strength and support from the majority of its members, launched several reconnaissance aircraft over Sky Keep and the nearby mountains. Due to the harsh winter conditions, many of the reconnaissance aircraft sent over the mountains malfunctioned and crashed, leaving behind relatively intact aircraft which were recovered, and identified by the Empire as reconnaissance craft from the ANT. Several day’s later the ANT made a public announcement that it tired of the constant opposition for Sky Keep with the Uysan Empire and was prepared to demonstrate the military power of the ANT should the Uysan Empire refuse to allow Sky Keep to become a member of the ANT. The Uysan family was given one week to respond, or risk war.

          On the 2nd of December, 2510 in the peak of winter, the Uysan Empire responded.




I hope you enjoyed it, and will leave your thoughts with me =]
Thanks ^^

Chapter 1; Part 1:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1534186 by Not Available.
GO READ!
© Copyright 2008 Blaze (blaze182 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488917-Sci-fi-Political-War-Series---Prologue