*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489142-Friends-Or-Enemies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Weasel
Rated: 13+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1489142
The stuggle of peer pressure on young people doing drugs.
         Drugs are substances that are illegal in the United States, however, they give you a happy feeling. Why resist? The first time drugs came into the picture was in 9th grade. The party at my friend’s house. “Aaron, come here,” Jonathan screamed, “look at this.”
         He showed me a bag of green stuff, it looked like oregano bunched together. I asked, “what is that stuff?”
         “It’s weed,” Jonathan replied, “Wanna try some?”
         I looked around. I saw a bunch of my friends ready to pass the pipe around. In my heart I knew it was wrong, but all I could find myself to say was, “Yes.”
         He then nodded his head and moved to the corner of his room, I followed him and I looked over his shoulder. He was breaking up the marijuana and loading it into the glass pipe. He then slowly moved back to the circle and took the first hit. He then passed it to his right. Brian, then Victoria, Sky, Angel all took hits before me. I get the pipe and Jonathan tells me, “Aaron, grab it here, and put your finger on the hole here, then grab the lighter with your other hand and hold it like this, if not you will burn yourself.”
         I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. When the smoke you inhale hurt or burn? What if someone catches us? Or the biggest question in my mind, “Will I get addicted?”
         As the lighter got to the pipe, I saw it burn the marijuana. It had a very peculiar smell. After I inhaled it, Jonathan told me, “Keep it in as long as you can.”
         I felt it go down my throat. It burned and I could only keep it down for 2 seconds before I coughed… a lot.  I ran to go get a water to stop my coughing. As I drank the water, I could feel the relief of the burning marijuana on my throat cool down. I then ran back to the room. Angel just took a hit and gave me the pipe and the lighter. I took another hit. This time it didn’t burn as much, so it kept on going around. I took 5 hits. I then started to feel very hungry. Brian had told me that this is called “the munchies.” You feel very hungry and you begin to laugh a lot. After we all smoked, we all went to the X-Box 360 and played Halo 3. After 2 games, Jonathan gave me a slice of pizza with some mushrooms and pepperoni. I ate it and I couldn’t remember anything.
         When I woke up, I saw that I fell asleep in the living room. I start walking and I see the clock says 1:00 am. Then I start seeing the cabinets fade away in a spinning motion. Then the couch started to get bigger and bigger, then I started seeing fish swimming under me. I started to get scared. Then I go into the fetal position and I get a drink of water. I open my eyes and walk into the room where everybody was at. They are still playing Halo 3. As I was walking towards them, they began to get farther and farther away. Then the clock started ticking faster and faster. Then, the clock said 6:59 am. Then I looked at it again, and it read 6:66 am. Then everything turned red and a flame started in the corner of the room. Soon, the flames overtook the entire room. The profile of a figure that looked a lot like satin appeared, but it was blurred. Everything turned black.
         I woke up and found myself sleeping on my friend’s kitchen table. I slowly made my way to my friend’s room and I see my friend sleeping. I wake him up and tell him about my dream. He tells me, “Hah, that was not a dream. The pizza you ate yesterday, Angel put shrooms in it as a joke. We were laughing our asses off yesterday when you were freaking out.”
         I looked at him in disbelief. Why would my best friend, or my former friend, give me shrooms as a joke? I began to just walk away in shame. I began to walk to the bus stop and took the bus home. I began to think about how my friends could have betrayed me like that. Since that day, I was hooked on weed. Every Friday, I would go down Mulberry Street and buy a dime of weed off a drug dealer named Willie.
         It’s funny how drugs can turn your friends into your enemies. Drugs are those illegal substances that give you that one high for 1 hour, but yet, somehow manage to ruin your entire life.
© Copyright 2008 Weasel (lt_weasel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489142-Friends-Or-Enemies