*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490028-The-Window
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1490028
(300 word-limit entry on given topic "the window") a short story about a life.
      I looked up, out the window. It was a dark and stormy night and it was pouring steam on my head. I turned off the shower. I loved this glass cubicle. The steam around calmed me. For the first time, this window looked different to me. It was placed high and as I looked up, I wondered whether there’s a God above. I stretched out my hand to touch the window.
“You idiot!” screamed Rahul as he jumped up and down from outside the bathroom to look through the window.
“You bloody pervert! What are you doing?” I shouted.
“Come out of the shower, we’re getting late, you rich bastard!” he shouted in reply.
        I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I felt a strange sense of calm when I saw the pack of cheap cotton buds lying in front of me. I opened it and took out a pair. It would get over soon but for however long it lasted, it would evoke an elevated sense of emotions and life-making decisions in me. I found a purpose in life for the first time in my 29 years of mindless meanderings on this morbid earth.

                              ______________________________________________________

        I could see a vast array of cars and buses and all other vehicles right in front of me. It was too sunny and it seemed as if the scorching sun would melt the tar and my car would drown into the earth. But anyway I felt lucky that I was in a car with my a/c and my music.
Knock-knock.
I heard a knock on my window. I usually don’t bother to look, but this time I did. There stood a girl child, with eyes shining bright in all her ragged glory. She carried upon her shoulders a vast array of reds and blues and all other colors. She took a pack of cheap cotton buds and stretched out her hand to touch the window. I opened the window and looked down, out the window.
© Copyright 2008 thomas jacob (thomasjacob4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490028-The-Window