*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490145-My-Life---New-Job-Blues
Rated: · Other · How-To/Advice · #1490145
First chapter of Journey-

Chapter 1
New Job blues


I have, in my life changed about four jobs, one because I was migrating, one because I was unhappy with it, the third because I wanted to grow and this is my fourth. Of course when I was interviewed everything looked great and well, and the best thing was they wanted me like a COO in the company. Happy and content I thought I would have the time of my life.... But all that glitters is not gold.

In about four days I discovered many things I didn't like about my job:

First thing - The environment was not enthusiastic- People were down and lazy, they were filled with negative thoughts about the company, they had absolutely no faith and didn't want to move ahead.

I basically thought that on the first day the environment depressed me a lot. The fact I found out a couple of hours later that there has never been a manager and the boss has no fixed time of coming and was herself disorganised and undependable.

Second thing - The work was light, non-satisfactory. There was no specific work for anyone. The problem started when the Boss failed to introduce me as a manager an authority figure that she had chosen to look after the organisation after she was gone. They all thought I am just like them, but I felt as a manager I have got have some level something... but I found none.

The work involved making proposals or auditing was not a problem for me, neither the small work space but an organisation where people think and do according to their way and want the organisation to play by their side was unexceptable to me.

Summary - At the end of four days I had no zest was left in the work I did , I didn't have any privacy, I didn't have a specific workstation,

I didn't like where the company was located and I didn't like the way I travelled. There were also some plus points like timing was no problem and the travelling distance was less.

I found that the boss is unsystematic and a miser, she didn't want to put in money for the betterment of the company. She was confused, had so many ideas in her mind but was to slow to change even one into reality.

What Do I do ->

First thing I did was on the fifth day I didn't go to the company thinking it would be better if I would leave the job. I talked with many people, my mother, my sister and sister- in-law and all of them understood and said its ok if you don't want to continue. Then it was a friend who had been working there for about a month who was astonished by my sudden discouragement and asked me the reason for it. I told her everything I told you guys above but then this I already knew that before I joined... yes I did, she had told me that this was the current scenario and the boss is unsystematic and negligent. May be I was so dejected when I really went there to work myself that i felt that I had made a big mistake... I knew through my friend that the organisation was small and

unorganised ... then why did I join it...the real reasons I joined... two reasons... I wanted to a challenge and I wanted to be a manager... everyone told me that the manger job was tough but this one seems to be tougher than any of my jobs...

So what am I going to do, Four days in an organisation is to less for evaluation, I would continued my job till I get a good grip as a manager, change he environment of the organisation and good experience. This was a test and I was going to pass... no matter what!

I shall not fail!!!

I will be putting more hubs by other names regarding unique events in my and my friends lives.... that turned and affect my life around and help others.

You all are invited to put in your life facts in the form of Comments....

© Copyright 2008 nashomega (nashomega at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490145-My-Life---New-Job-Blues