*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490353-SURRENDER
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1490353
why surrendering is hard to do...
If there is one thing that we don't want to do is the thought of surrendering.

Because we grow seeing our parents and kins striving and winning, never surrendering.

How easy to become a success-driven individual in this world of ours.From the time we learn to understand the words our family are utterring...like STAND, SAY MAMA, FOLLOW ME and a lot of commands and cooing...we learn that we have to become strong and focus to become an achiever. Never giving up. Always aiming to be the best. Bringing the bacon . These make us strong and great in the eyes of many and even to ourselves.

So, we prod, we continue, we give every ounce of our strength . The fruits are sweet. They make us smile and proud. Until...some circumstances make us waver, sapping our strength and make us accept defeat.

And it is never easy to surrender. But nobody stays on the top for long. Even if we want to stay, there comes another young, talented, energeting, stronger individual who will take our post and enjoy the laurels we once have.Self-denial is the first thing that we feel. The pain of loss. The shame .Self-pity and a lot more...yes it's hard but SURRENDERING is an act of greatness. It's not easy to do it.Surrendering is showing we are braver, we are wiser and we are ready to take more in life...whatever it takes...in a new horizon...we don't have to be afraid...

© Copyright 2008 eleanor (djbhabes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490353-SURRENDER