*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490365-What-vehicle-do-you-drive
by dot.
Rated: · Monologue · Comedy · #1490365
Our bodies are the vehicles we drive.
        I was sitting in the emergency room looking around and analyzing what everyone was in to see the doctor for? The ambulance pulled up and I imagined it as a tow-truck for the human vehicle, carrying the broken-down people to the mechanic to get fixed. Then, I started looking around the room at some of the people like they were automobiles. There was a big rugged 4 by 4 dude, hopping around on a flat tire. There were some old classics all polished up. A few slow moving rent a wrecks and me? Id have to say that I represent a motorcycle with a few dents in the tank. The doctor, (mechanic) hoists you up on the ramp and gives you an inspection. Generally handing out an estimate. Some people get an alignment or an adjustment right then and there. Others are sent off to see a specialist to address specific problems or to try and find new parts.
        The thing is, the human vehicle runs like the car you drive. If you don't pay attention and perform regular maintenance, you may find yourself on the side of the road stranded, or getting a jump from a perfect stranger! Signs of dimming lights or hard starting may be telling you to take some time to re-charge the system. Paying attention to good fuel, the battery and a live happy spark will give you countless hours of smooth driving. I strongly recommend a regular oil change and lubricants to make your ride purr like a kitten. Be sure to check the rearview mirror from time to time as you wind along life's highway. You can tell a lot about your engine, by what comes out the tailpipe! Trust me, you don't want to be the driver with the trail of smoke behind you. People will frown on you! Never mind the wear and tear on your engine, and folks, this is the only engine you have. When the lease runs out, we go to the big junkyard in the sky! Till then, enjoy the ride!
© Copyright 2008 dot. (dott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490365-What-vehicle-do-you-drive