*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490570-truth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by pos.?
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1490570
a short essay on why we should not know the truth
Truth, One of the most perplexing of perplexing assets that we as a society seek. We try to deem our existance through our sciences that we have only greatly succeeded in for the past few hundred years, and yet we are at the point of abusing them that it threatens our world. Truth is comforting, assuring and stable - some of the core things humans strive for. But one question lingers over constantly with these ideas, what is the truth? Why are we placed here? Where did we come from? Are we doing the right things? The word No, a complete and utter denial to a certain subject, another of one of the most interesting things I believe to be out there. With that one word the mind is immediatley jolted back staggering for a way over this newly created obstacle. So what if the truth was no - there is no truth? Well, that would be utterly amazing. Coexisting with the same ideaologies of Nietzsche truth is a terrible thing. What would be life with effortless answers to age old questions? With truth we are an all knowing species and obviously I would not trust such a species as we with such virtues. With truth the pattern of societies barrage of thought provoking and advancement questions are answered. With truth all would stop and nothing would be left but past memories of endless effort, death would be the only forward option. But what is the truth? The truth is simple things that we overlook in our search for complete meaning. There are simple truths that we commonly overlook such as; Nature is beautiful in its intricate patterns and its complexity; Life is valuable but with its excess it has lost its meaning. If there was a truth we would not understand it - even if we could understand it we would not believe it - even if we did believe it there would be a thousand more questions to follow its path. We may have been told the truth in one of the many absurd ideas that have been placed upon us, once again discarded like the rest of them into the back of our heads - forever forgotten. If the truth were told there would be such a vast majority of us that would not believe it and eventually with time it would be lost, for example one of our many religions. So what is the point of running in circles with the thought? Because, nature is beautiful & life is valuable but with its excess it has lost its meaning. With questions and simple values like these our thoughts are provoked and we realise new steps into a greater world, which initially we deem as truth but later will once again be revised - once again thrown into the pattern of societies thoughts on improvement. The truth is no - there is no truth - only questions which are greater in many ways. Questions?
© Copyright 2008 pos.? (pause at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490570-truth