*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491948-This-Is-Me-chap-2
Rated: E · Novel · Teen · #1491948
now that they are in detention... what will alex do?

Chapter 2



" I can't  believe you got me into trouble again. " I said angrily after slamming myself into the nearest chair.

" Just like old times. Sorry Syd, I should have turned around." Jay whispered.

" I didn't even get the chance to copy the notes."

" Not that you needed them. You knew all the stuff that was on the board anyway." Jay whispered softly.

" I need to sketch this event out of my head." I said before taking a sheet of blank paper from my English notebook. 

"  They were just the introduction notes to the new book we started yesterday. " Jay said his eyes wandering over to the pretty girl at one of the bookshelves.

" Hey don't make me get Alex on you this early in the morning."  I said with a glance at him. The moment I said Alex's name the girl went to the other side of the library.

" Damn Syd, you messing up my game, " he said losing interest fast.

" Well you shouldn't be checking out other girls in front of one of your girl's friends." I said reminding him of my new friendship. Alex was Shae's friend so I wasn't that close to her.

" It's only been five weeks since we've started going out, and I'm already getting tired of her." Jay admitted watching my pencil's skillful movements as it glided across the page.

" That's genuine Alex for you."  I said inadvertently. When I was drawing, everything else took a back seat for the moment.

" I mean does she have to parade around with me like I'm her new prize or something?"

" That’s just how she is," I sighed.

" Well I'm getting tired of how she is. She would get mad even if I even talked to another girl without her around."

" Even me?" I asked almost done with the sketch.

" Even you! She would think that you liked me or something and that we were dating behind her back." I almost didn't manage to conceal how much I would like that particular situation.

" Why is that?" he questioned.

" I don't know. Probably because of what happened last year,"

" Maybe... Hey are you done scribbling yet?" he asked before I handed him my folder.



" This is really good." Jay said admiring my work. It was a sketch of a girl sitting on a bench reading a book at the park. It was simple,but very intricate at the same time.

" It's just a sketch to vent on. I've done much better." I said looking at the digital clock on the wall.

" Have you ever thought about going to art school?" Jay asked curiously.

" Once or twice, but I really want to do something in the medical field. Maybe be a doctor or something."

" You know you can do both." Jay pointed out handing me back the sketch.

Just then the bell rang for the end of first period.

" I guess I'll see you during lunch then." I said after gathering my things to go.

" Yeah. Will you tell Alex why we can't eat together during lunch for me?"

" Sure,"



I managed to get to second period in time to snag a seat next to Alex today. As usual, she was chatting up some cutie. How can she get mad at Jay when she is talking a hole in this guy's head. I'll wait till she's done before telling her about me and Jay's punishment. Hopefully, she won't jump to any conclusions.

" Hey Alex," I managed to get in before class started.

" What's up Syd?" she said turning away from the cute guy.

" I got detention from Mr. Hall today," I said maybe a little too happily.

" He's such a hothead. He gave me one last week just for laughing." Alex said taking out her mirror for the third time this class period to check her face.

" Jay got us in trouble today. Now we both have to serve detention everyday during lunch for the rest of the grading period."

" That's two weeks!" Alex screeched. Some of the other students turned to see who she was yelling at.

" I know and it sucks." I said quietly.

" So you two have it together?" asked Alex, still trying to get all the information right.

" Yeah, and I wouldn't have it this long if Jay would have turned around." I said trying to make it clear that I didn't want to be in detention.

" Oh, okay." Alex said all nonchalantly like it didn't bother her one bit.

" That's it?" I asked a little suspiciously. Alex wasn't the type to just take something like that.

" Yeah Syd. I don't care."
© Copyright 2008 annishawrites (pinknisha908 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491948-This-Is-Me-chap-2