*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493231-Nerines-Past--Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1493231
Prologue for my novel, Nerine's past.
Chapter 1: Prologue



It was a beautiful day in Makai. The birds were singing melodiously and flying freely up in the blue sky. The sound of the falling leaves that were moved by the fresh air was heard by the friendly people passing by. The devil kingdom was such a peaceful place ever since it was created, despite it's name.



The sun rays slowly came upon Nerine's eyes through the window. Slowly, she opened her red eyes softly and gazed at the beautiful sun rays from the window. Yawning softly, she slowly sat up and looked at the blue sky from the window. Watching some birds flying here and there, and hearing their beautiful singing, all Nerine could do is to smile warmly at the pretty view.



Just then, the door knocked. Nerine quickly stood up and stretched her back and went to open the door and see who's there. Opening the door, Nerine found that it was her nursemaid, Alexandra.



Nerine smiled cheerfully to Alexandra. "Good Morning, Alexandra! Such a lovely day, isn't it?" Alexandra couldn't help but to smile for her young princess. "Why, of course it is. After all, you are smiling and that what makes it lovely." Alexandra winked to Nerine and Nerine chuckled in embarrassment. Continuing, "You should get washed up and get yourself dressed up now, honey. Your parents are waiting for you for breakfast." Nerine smiled happily to Alexandra. Just knowing that she would spend time with her parents made Nerine feel happy and feel that her parents are there for her whenever she needed them. Nerine nodded excitedly, and Alexandra smiled. "Alright then, we will be for you in the dinning hall." She said and left to let Nerine get changed and get ready for breakfast.



As soon as Alexandra left, Nerine quickly got herself washed up and dressed herself into a beautiful yellow dress. It was completely yellow with black ribbons on the edges and the chest. After combing her hair into a pleasant way, Nerine smiled at herself in the mirror.





I must always look beautiful and charming for my parents and for everyone. And who knows? Maybe one day I'll find the guy of my dreams.



Just then, she realized that she was wasting time gazing at her view in the mirror. Quickly, she ran downstairs to the dinning hall to meet her parents.

After a bit of running, Nerine arrived at the dinning hall. It wasn't huge but it wasn't tiny either. It was quite comfortable and pleasant. The maids were everywhere, from those who serve the food to those who are just standing in case the royal family needed anything. Nerine smiled cheerfully as soon as she found her parents, the king and the queen of the devil kingdom, King Forbesii and Queen Sage.



"Good Morning, Mum! Good Morning, Dad!" Nerine said happily and kissed both of them on the cheeks. Her mother smiled at her warmly. "Morning, honey. Looks like you had a good sleep today." Her mother said as Nerine sat down in her chair. "Yes, indeed! Today is such a beautiful day. After breakfast, I would love to go outside and play in the garden. It is such a great feeling to be in the arms of nature." Nerine said as her parents chuckled at their happy daughter. Her father smiled to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Our beautiful daughter is always pretty and kind as always, I see. Well, you better get some breakfast now, honey." Nerine smiled blushingly to her father and nodded cheerfully. "Yes, Dad!"
© Copyright 2008 The caty writer (lovephoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493231-Nerines-Past--Chapter-1