*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493742-The-wings-I-bear
by Falcon
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1493742
People think I have it all whereas I feel I did have it at one point of time but I lost it
The sound of my wings echoes as I make my way. My destination is unknown, and so is my path.

I flow with the wind, my sole guide.

As my body glides, my wings flap in complete synchronization. I am a determined flier, and I make sure I achieve my set target each day.

People believe I am gifted. . “I have golden wings”, that’s what they declared. They believe it all comes naturally. They are right to some extent, but it goes far beyond that. They cannot comprehend the effort I apply.

It aggravating at times to watch people make jest of your efforts, and take them in a stride, to veil one's hard work behind the drapes of natural talent.

Yes, I do have talent. I accept it. However, those are just the wings I bear. The art of flight and its technique do not come effortlessly. One has to strive to attain satisfaction and accomplishment.

Yet, that is not all. They drought of under confidence plagues my mind. They mask of confidence and poise I wear hides a vortex of self doubt. This vortex draws me in, and it drives me insane. There is not a heart beat that goes by, not a breath that passes, without the sickening sensation of paranoia and worry.

All of this I sustain, I bear in my wings. Each time I run forward to the brink of that ledge, the thought of disaster shrouds my mind's eye. It takes all the audacity I've got to take that plunge, and make that first swish.

It's an everyday business. I try day in day out. This cycle is never ending. It will go on till the end of my existence, till the last breath has passed from my beak.

All of this makes me who I am. That is why I pass each second, each minute, each hour, doing what I do. That is why I continue, that is why keep on, because I know I, my life, my very existence is this.

If only people could see, if only they could understand. I fear failure and disaster at each step of my journey. Yet by some miracle, I manage to survive.

I manage to succeed. I manage to dominate. I manage to soar, high above all, and at that moment, when I have the whole world beneath the length of my body, it all seems worth it.

And bearing this, all of this, in mind, I, the majestic falcon, emperor of all birds, I fly.



P.S: Please comment on this, or email me or something, I NEED FEEDBACK :)



© Copyright 2008 Falcon (jaksum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493742-The-wings-I-bear