*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493972-Princess-Nyte-Ch-1
by Sporks
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1493972
Nyte is not your typical princess.
Nate’s POV          

“Once upon a time there was beautiful princess who lived in a grand castle. She had long blond hair and green eyes. She loved being a princess and she had servants who catered to her every whim. Everyday was spent in total happiness. She loved to spend hours combing her hair and loved to try on new dresses. She-”
         “Okay! That’s it!” yelled Nyte. She tore the paper from Nathan’s hand. “I’m sick of the lies!”
         I only looked at the floor. I started to mumble something, but it was inaudible to be heard.
         “Once I find the man who wrote this, oh! It makes me want to scream just thinking about it!” Nye screamed as she plopped down on a pile of hay.
         “It was Tony,” I said quietly. I was secretly glad that Tony had written it. Tony was always trying to get me fired.
         “Tony,” she mused. “Tony. Wasn’t he the guy that tried to get you fired once?”
         “Yes.”
         “Is he still bothering you?”
         I said nothing. If Nyte got involved she would be in big trouble, and Tony would then blame him and I would still be fired. Being a court poet was hard. Too hard.
         “Is he?” she questioned, more softly this time.
         “No.”
         She continued talking, “Are you sure? Or are you lying?”
         “Well I won’t be requiring your services today, Nathaniel.” She said in a very ladylike manner. I turned around and saw someone. Ah, the person is in earshot.
         I walked away, back to my house. I had to care for my mother.

Nyte’s POV

         “Well I won’t be requiring your services today, Nathaniel” I said as ladylike as possible. Nathaniel. I giggled. I called him Nate so I didn’t bust out laughing in our conversations.
         I walked back to my room and on my way stopped in the kitchen. I was thirsty. I opened a door and found water. Water and juice. I glanced at the back of the juice. It read: Contains 6% Juice. Wow, six percent! So juicy! I rolled my eyes. Why was there no soda? Just because soda isn’t healthy is no reason to stop me from having some! I grabbed the water and went up to my room. I opened the door and caught a glance at my messy brown hair. The small vanity table read “Princess Nyte”
© Copyright 2008 Sporks (sporkcat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493972-Princess-Nyte-Ch-1