*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1494588-More-than-friends
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1494588
A story that keeps you on your feet in thought.
Eric and Lisa were just friends. Despite the fact that both seemed as they were two worlds apart, something was there from the day they met at a camp when they were merely fifteen. Ah fifteen, the start of the mid-teenage years crisis. Where everything and everyone seems to be against you; accept of course, your manipulative friends who are always there from time to time. When speaking of "time to time," that means when you are not the one people are talking about. That was never there with Eric and Lisa; they were destined for friendship, maybe even with a bit added spice in their life that revolved around the newest pair of shoes at the local mall worn by the awesome basketball player with jail time, of course; or the new song that has topped off on TRL that everyone can't stop humming, at the time. Amongst all the rumored talk that were being passed around in the halls of the school and the homework from the horrible math teacher, Eric and Lisa still found time to console in each other.

As stated before, Eric and Lisa were two worlds apart. Even though they were the best of friends, very few knew the fact that these two souls conversed at all. Eric was on the debate team, while Lisa was the on the volleyball team. Eric was on the student counsel, at the same time as Lisa conversed in the midst of the prom committee. Eric loved rock, such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers; whereas Lisa jammed to the new Dr. Dre joint. Eric was one of the few that actually wrote essays for scholarships, not that he needed it; his family was well off. Lisa did not care much for writing; well, not if you count the notes passed in study hall that often was decorated by smiley faces and folded in the most creative ways that an architect would get a headache to figure out how. These two young kids were actually the living proof that "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus." Thus far, these two kids met and became closest friends. That's what they called themselves, "Closet Friends." Its not that they were ashamed of each other, maybe they just found this friendship as a thrill. Or just maybe, that they did not want to be a relationship to be poisoned by disguising what name to give their friendship surrounded by High School chit chat and popularity. When it came down to what on earth reason, they both new what they had was special from the start; and they did not want to interfere with was already certain.

When these two met, both were in their little worlds. This is not bad, but for social standing at an awkward teenage dilemma, this could do much damage for both. Both would funnily say to each other that they had met ten years too early. Eric was a black haired, skinny lad who was hiding behind his glasses and braces. Lisa was a young princess, for that is how she was raised. A summer fling is what they had, although it was not the sort of teenage non-committal make-out sessions followed by the stretch of the truth to peers that were willingly to listen and judge. Their fling was more of a hand in hand, "I need someone to talk to because I am going through awkward stages in my life" sort of fling.

When you split these two adolescents apart, you would not want both of them in the same room together. Eric was the man everyone went to too ask for help, he was the speaker, the leader, and amongst other things, the peacemaker of all the kids around him. He was not one to start fights, although he was fair game in a healthy argument, sometimes not so healthy. He looked for more in depth meanings on everything he came across, he believed their was a reason or everything, and he was out to find the true meaning on anything stated or said that he felt needed an explanation. At many time, he had a reputation of asking too many questions. Eric was a not so tall boy with barely combed black hair, who often enjoyed shorts, flip-flops, and a shirt; a boy from New York, who knew his way around, for he was raised in London for a short time as a junior.

Then there is the little princess, Lisa. Lisa is a precious petite girl who means well in everything she does. She always wanted to stay trendy, as many other girls her age wanted to accomplish. Lisa, along with the other girls, would want to wear the new shirt that Brittany Spears wore in the magazine that caught Brittany Spears being a "regular Joe," and parading around town in her over priced Benz. She may not have been one of the popular people in school, although she did what every red-blooded teenager yearned for, she tired to fit in. Popularity no longer exists amongst the new millennium teenage civilians anymore. Everyone is trying to fit in, some do a better job then others; but all kids, as well as adults, want to fit in. For Lisa, this was never a problem. Even though at time she would be the quiet one, her presence was always felt in a room. Whether she was on the volleyball court playing the sport she loved; or in school, where she was a sweet heart to everyone. Lisa had left a mark on everyone she had met. One thing unforgettable about this angel in disguise was her smile. Her smile stuck with you forever, anyone could say that her smile was perfection at its best. She was a freckled, petite, brunette who new what she had to do to get things her way. Always had her hair tied back, while making that particular seem astonishing in any form of clothing.

Eric and Lisa were both two kids that were nice and sincere; especially to each other. Although, come from the different side of tracks in the social circle. What can we say about these two? They always found time together, sometime dodging where they could be actually seen together. If anyone would get the idea that these two were hiding from people, their speculations are correct. Although, they were not hiding because they were scared, they were hiding because they did not know what to say to people. This relationship between these two kids was an un-named relationship. If ever approached by any other peer, they would have been forced to give what they had a name. Either way, whatever name they would give it would go through the halls of the school as quick as lightening and would cause turmoil and disbelief when Eric or Lisa would say "we're just friends." Soon the chit chat, talk, and gossip would make them voluntarily move apart from each other thinking it is the right thing to do.

© Copyright 2008 krum786 (krum786 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1494588-More-than-friends