*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1494922-I-love-you-with-my-brain
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1494922
Our hearts are not the one who make us to love
It is so common that once in our life we have used the phrase "I love you with all my heart", but it is really true? Who was the first who used this phrase and why? Why he or she chose this organ? We have lots of organs into our bodies, so what does this particular organ have? I mean it just pumps blood to all our body, and when we are older is the main organ which produces complications to our health.

The process of loving someone is a huge interaction between behavioral and biological aspects, which scientists are exploring to clarify why people cheat to their partners. And it seems that regarding to the biological phase of loving someone it is directed toward our brain. Yes, this is then the most important organ in our body. It seems there are three areas of our brain where the sensation of romance is processed. One creates craving, motivation, goal-oriented behavior and ecstasy;the other one transforms the exhilaration of a new partner into almost an obsession, and the last one let us to think about the early passion of a new relationship as a permanent situation. These researchers also found increased levels of substances such as dopamine, serotonine and oxytocin. This last one is the responsible to connect mothers so ferociously to their babies, and live-in fathers also have increased levels of such substance.

But there are other aspects related with this process. Scent -well known as a chemical signaling between animals- seems to affect our endocrine system because it tells males which females are primed to conceive, and lets both sexes narrow their options of potential partners through the recognition of different MHC (genes that influence tissue rejection). Saliva also contains this compound, but the recognition of it during a kiss can be influenced by birth-control pill. And exploring the well known field of physical attraction there are some specific characteristics, which made a person of one sex attractive for its opposite. Men look for ample breasts and broad hips, and women like broad chest and shoulders and a deep voice.

Thus, although scientists have clarified for us some aspects of the process of loving someone, I truly believe it is more complex than this. And also if you know all the theory, why don't you practice it? because as The Beatles said "All you need is LOVE"...

Kittyme

© Copyright 2008 Kittyme (kittyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1494922-I-love-you-with-my-brain