*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495319-The-words-in-my-mind
by Bri
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1495319
This is another poem about my self-harming and my depression.
** I do know that I might have a few grammar errors, but I was just in a panic mood and I just wrote what came from my brain to my hand. So please bear with me on this. Your comments and critiques are welcomed! Also there is an Emilie Autumn reference if you know who she is.






No fancy words, or complex ideas. Just thoughts from a girl lost in her mind.
Voices telling her everything is going to be alright. But do they know?
Do they know how much she cried at night?
All the inner demons she has to fight?
It's true, she does scar her skin.
It's true, she does talk to herself.

Is she crazy? Why yes, of course!
Any well known doctor would know that.
So, what shall we do with her?
Confront her? No no, too easy.
Speak encouraging words? No no, that is much to hard.
Give her medication? Yes! Meds! Give her these pills.
Tell her that these pills will take away all the pain.
Tell her they will make her happier.

So they gave her the pills and patted her on the head telling her good luck.
She took the pills as instructed and waited.
Day after day, week after week, month after month, nothing.
No more smiles came on her face.
"Did I do anything wrong?" she would ask above hoping something of a higher power would answer her.
Nothing.
With a sorrowful sigh, she took some new pills hoping change would come.

One day, she decided that if 1 pill did not work, why not try 2, or 3, or 4, or 6, or even 12.
She soon learned that this was not a good idea.
After taking around 13 pills, she found out that there was some sort of a god, otherwise she would be dead.

So as her story almost ends, the pills have been replaced.
She know uses razors to take away pain she might face.
She writes these words down as a cry for help.
She writes in third person so she forgets that she is herself.
© Copyright 2008 Bri (bri-bri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495319-The-words-in-my-mind