*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495594-The-outcasts
by Kelsie
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Gothic · #1495594
I'm having no ideas so I dunno when I'll write again for this one...
The Outcasts
By: Kelsie Scoggins



         In a school full of preps, I was a girl that stood out from the rest. I wear only black shirts, ripped up blue jeans, and converse shoes. I hate tight shirts, tight jeans, and short skirts, or any kind of skirts for that matter. I listen to metal, punk, and hardcore music. Some of the favorite bands I listen to are bands such as- Tool, A Prefect Circle, Iron Maiden, M.S.I., A.F.I., and quite a few others. I watch movies like- Shaun of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Resident Evil, and others that most people think are scary. I sit alone in every class. No one in my town understands me, not at all. No one is like me, not even close. This all changed on day at my high school. 
         A family was just moving in over the weekend.  They had finished unpacking by Sunday. There was a set of twins; one was a bouncy, happy, energetic, cheerleader type girl. She has long, strait, blond hair. The other was a quiet, dark, tall, boy. He has shoulder length dark brown hair. The twins were about 15. They had a little sister. She was much more like her brother than her sister. She was about 5, and she had dark sweet innocent to her appearance. On Monday, they were registered for school. Their mom registered the little girl first at the local grade school. Then she registered the twins. The secretary, Mrs. Mossman, asked the twins, “What are your names?”
The girl answered first, “I’m May, and this is my twin, Jacob.”
Mrs. Mossman then asked, “Your grade?”
Jacob got his turn in first, “We’re in 10th grade. But shouldn’t you already know all of this, from the computer?”
Mrs. Mossman replies to his question, “Yes, but, I like to ask the students, just incase there is an error with the documents.”
Jacob just says, “Oh, Okay then.”
Mrs. Mossman gave May and Jacob their schedules along with a map of the school. May skips off into the hall, getting yelled at for skipping. While Jacob looks for his first hour class.
He is a little late and he hands the teacher a piece of paper from the office. Jacob asks, “Uh, where do I sit?”
The teacher says, “Over there, by Kelsie. She has the only open seat by her.”
Jacob says, “Oh, okay.” He walks over and sits by me, but I don’t even realize he is there because I (as always) have my nose stuck in a book. He bumped my arm on accident, and I jumped. I asked, “Who are you?”
He looked a little nervous has he answered my question, “I’m Jacob.”
I examined his clothes (to see if he was like the rest of the town), He was wearing a black shirt, I can’t remember what was on it, and very loose fitting jeans. I could see he wasn’t a prep.  So that’s always good, at least to me.
The teacher said, “Class, time to quiet down and get your books out!”
I tore out a piece of paper and wrote, The teacher is Mr. Diamond. He’s pretty cool. I passed the note to Jacob very swiftly and un-noticed. Jacob reads it and nods. He writes back, Oh, What’s on your shirt? He passes the note. I read it and looked at my shirt because I had forgotten the shirt logo. I reply, Oh, Nightmare before Christmas. Why? He writes back, Oh, that’s awesome, I love Nightmare Before Christmas.
I read the note very quickly and write back, Yeah, and any other of Tim Burton’s movies. When did you move here? He reads it and thinks before writing back, Just last Friday.
I read it and quickly responded, Oh, did you have to leave any friends behind? He writes back, Only one. But we weren’t really all that close; we just talked on the bus. Not too big of a deal… Do you have any friends?
I write back, Nope, everyone here is the prefect prep. No freaks other than me. All of the guys here are Jocks that make our “beautiful” town look better. All of the girls are the happy, bouncy, and girly-girl cheerleader type. Obnoxious robots…
Jacob writes back with a quick sideways smile at me, Yeah, I have to live with one. She’s my twin. Her name is May, and she went out with Darian, that guy I was telling you about, that didn’t last too long… He just said yes because she wouldn’t leave him alone. It lasted all of 5 minutes.
I read the note and laughed to myself about it, Heh, heh, funny. So do you have any other siblings? I’m an only child, so yay for me. He looks at me like I’m crazy after he reads my note, yeah, a 5 year old little sister, Eve.
I read the note with speed, Awww! Is she like you or May?
He was starting to write back and the bell rang and we were dismissed to our second hour class. Jacob asked me, “Uhhh, where is room 129?”
I asked with what I think is stupidity, “Oh is that your next class? Wait, never mind, stupid question… Yeah, that’s my next class. Can I see your schedule?” He handed me this piece of paper and I looked it over, “Oh, WOW! We have the same schedule, cool!”
He looked at me like I was going crazy and asked, “Well, you sat alone in social, so do you sit alone in all of your classes?”
I looked at him with a crazy grin, “Well, duh! No one here likes me. I’m dangerous to be around.”
He had a very confused look, “Well what do you mean by that?”
I had clamped my hand over my mouth because I had already said way too much. He gave me another confused look. I felt as though I had to explain a little more, but with out giving him the full story, “Well, I can’t really tell you. Not yet anyway.” I realized that we had been standing in the middle of the hall, and we where alone. This isn’t good. I can’t be alone with people. I panicked, “Oh, well, we gotta get to our next class, come on, Jacob!” We took of running down the hall and we got to class just in time.  He just started to ask me something, but the teacher interrupted him. We sat down and got out our books. He slipped me a piece of paper, it read: What did you mean by you were dangerous? I’d like to know… I don’t mind if you don’t tell me, but, well, never mind…
I read it and wrote back, I can’t tell you until I know I can trust you. And I have trust issues so that might be a while. I passed him the note and he wrote back, Well, I understand then.
I read it and nodded at him. Then we had to pay attention to class. After class we walked to our next class. It continued the same until 6th hour when w has to go to lunch. We sat where I normally sat alone. Then some blond came over to our table and sat across from us. She said in a high pitched, happy tone, “Hey, is this your girlfriend?”
I had no idea who she was at the time and I panicked, “Who are you, and what does it matter to you? You know what! All of you preps are the same, you get in every ones business, you can’t even take care of your selves so just back off!”
The blond looked a little offended by my out burs and she replied angrily “I am his sister! I have the right to know! So you just back off!”
I was a little shocked and I answered to her offended comment, “Oh you must be May…” I looked at Jacob for help.
He returned my glance and spoke, “Hey, May.” I interrupted him with laughter, but he continued anyway. “This is Kelsie; I have all of my classes with her. I met her first hour. And to answer your question, No she isn’t my girlfriend. Can I see your schedule?”
May answered, again in her high pitched happy voice, “Sure, why not?” She gave him a prefect piece of paper and he looked at it.
“Well we have next hour together, it’s with Mrs. Millitello?  He said her name with a little difficulty. I mean who doesn’t the first time they read her name? I sure did, my mom had to tell me how it’s pronounced. 
I said laughing, “Yeah, that’s how you pronounce it, kind of hard isn’t it?”
He nodded in agreement, “Heh heh, yeah, a little bit.”
May said in her high voice, “Jake, are we going to sit by each other in there or are you going to sit by someone else?”
Jacob answered, “I don’t really know, but we can sit by each other.”
May smiled and asked Jacob, “Well, what about your girlfriend?”
I said to May, “Look, May, I am not Jacobs girlfriend. I just met him a few hours ago!” After I was done telling her this, a jock named Corey walked over and sat down by May.
He asked her, “Why are you with these freaks? What about sitting with Laura? Or how about Amy?”
May replied, “This is my twin, Jacob. And his friend, wait what’s your name again?”
I said in an angry tone, “It’s Kelsie.”
Corey said, “oh, it’s the Halloween freak. Still trick-or-treating like a little 6-year old?”
I said in my normal tone then, “Yeah, so what? I think its fun to trick-or-treat. Getting all of that free candy, what else is there for me to do?”
May (thankfully cut Corey off before this got any worse) said, “Corey, you should be a little nicer to her. Because if you hang out with me, you’re going o have to hang out with my brother and from the looks of it, she is a lot like him and he might invite her over a few times when you’re there so… yeah…”
         The bell rang and we all had to go to our class room. There where my three open seats in the back of the class. May sat in the middle, and Jacob gave her a weird look. I can’t really say what emotion was on his face, but it looked really upset. He sat on her right side and I, on her left. After that the teacher said in her happy voice, “Settle down kids, we got to get started on the lesson.” After about 60 seconds the class finally got quiet and Mrs. Millitello started talking again, “Get out your books and turn to page 151 and do the 10 questions at the end.”
         After I finished my work I started reading Frankenstein. May and Jacob soon finished and started passing notes. May passed one to me and it read, Hey, what do you think of Jacob? I wrote back, He’s different than all of the other guys here and I like that. He’s not a robot like the others. All of the others are preps, or jocks. You know, not my type of person at all. She read it and looked at me strangely. She wrote back to Jacobs first and then mine. Well… Never mind… She passed me the note and I wrote back, Wait, what’re you getting at May?  She didn’t write back, but I guess she thought she did… Because she gave me the note that she and Jacob where passing, it read May, I think I Like Kelsie… What should I do? Jake, invite her over after school, take her to the woods, talk a little bit and, ask her out! You know it’s not that easy for me, it may be for you, but not for me. Well, try to anyways. You’ll feel a lot better if you hurry up and get it out of the way. Well, you sure? I’ll invite her in just a minute, or after class. Good. Don’t worry, kay? May realized her mistake and stole the note back and wrote back to the right one, Be nice and say yes. Well only if you want to. But you really should, you two will be so cute together. I replied, Wait, what? Are you serious? She looked at me and nodded, and Jacob passed her a note, she read it and passed it on to me, it said: Hey, do you want to come over and hang out after school? I looked at May and took in a deep breath and wrote, Sure, are you walking home or getting a ride? I passed it to May and she gave it to him. He wrote and passed it along in reverse. When it got to me I read it and it said, No,
I’m walking. You? I wrote, I always walk home. I passed it to him swiftly and sneakily, he wrote back and gave the note back to me. It Said: Oh, Okay. That’ll work out better for me then. I looked over at him with a puzzled face and wrote: Wait, What do you mean by that? He grinned and replied: Never mind. Are you going to have homework? And what time do you want to come over? I had to think and I wrote: I’ll walk home with you, but I’m going to have to drop off my homework at home, and do you want to come to my house for a little bit after school. So you can meet my mom, She’ll want to meet you… When he got the note he nodded and wrote back and gave it back to me: Sure. When I was just getting ready to write back the bell rang. This went on for the rest of the day and after we got into our lockers we left the building. We walked to my house from the high school and my mom about peed herself when she seen me walking home with some one. So could you imagine her excitement when she seen it was a boy? I dropped off my book bag inside my bedroom door and walked back downstairs. I asked my mom, “Hey, mom? Can I go over to Jacob’s house for a while?”
She jumped up and down and said, “Yeah, but you have to be home by 7 for supper and if you have any homework.”
“Mom, cool down!”
“Oh, I’m sorry.” She said as she stopped jumping.
“Oh! Crap! I forgot to pick up Eve!” Jacob shouted. “What time is it?”
My mom looked at her watch and said, “4. Do you want a ride to, what school does Eve go to?”
“The grade school.” Jacob explained.
“Yeah mom, can we have a ride?” I asked.
“Okay sweetie.”
“Mom, don’t…” I said slightly embarrassed.
“Okay!” my mom spoke in a sickingly sweet voice.
“Can we go now?” Jacob burst out.
“Oh, yes, get into the car.” My mom said as she ran inside to get the car keys.
We all got into the car and my mom sped out to the school. When we got there, a little girl with long dark brown hair that was almost black was sitting on the benches coloring in a note book. Jacob jumped out and said, “Hiya Eve. I’m so sorry, I forgot all about you and…”
The little girl interrupted him and calmly stated, “Its ok Jakey. If it was May that forgot me, she wouldn’t have come back so soon. You’re only…” She looked at her watch, “35 minutes late.”
He nodded and said, “Come on, get in the car. Oh yeah, This is Kelsie and her mom.” He pointed to us and then said, “Hey, Kelsie, this is Eve.”
I smiled and spoke to Eve, “Hiya!”
She nodded and said, "Hello." My mom started up the car again and she started driving. When we got to Jacob's house he ran in and dropped off his bookbag. He came back out and said, "Hey, come-on. I found this a-maz-ing place out in the woods."
I nodded and fallowed him into the woods, "So where are we going?"
He looked at me with a sideways smile, "Just come-on. You'll love it. Any abnormal person would."
I laughed and said, "Ok. I'm sure I will then if weird people love it."
He led me down a path way of leaves and trees. I kept hearing a stream and after about 10 minutes of fast walking we do come to a stream. There was a little boat on the side of the stream that we were on. He helped me onto the boat and pulled us along the river by a rope. After we got across, we walked for a while longer and we came to a large cave. Jacob got very exited and he went in after shouting, "Hey, Kelsie. Stay out here for a minute." Then after waiting, a buch of lights came on in the cave, he jumped out of the cave and shouted to me, with exitment overflowing on his face, "Come on. Its really cool down here." He helped me down in to the cave. There a little room of to the side of this clean, bright, airy cave.
I was shocked, "Woah! Jacob! How did you find this place?!"
He looked very happy with my exitment, "I was bored after unpacking. So I took a walk."
"Thats awesome." I flashed him a smile. I wish I hadnt done that at the time, my secret would've lasted longer...
"WOAH!" He shouted out. It echoed out in to the cave, it hurt my head and I fell over holding my head.
"Jacob...can...we...get...outta...this...friggin...cave?" I could barely speak my head hurt so bad...
"Hey, whats wrong Kels?" Jacob asked, I could tell he was worried.
"Nothin, I gotta get home Jacob. You have to get to your house soon too." I stood up and ran out of the cave a little to quickly for a normal person. I hoped he hadnt noticed. When I got home, I went upstairs and logged onto the normal websites I did everyday for about an hour and then the phone rang downstairs and my mom yelled "Kels! Phone!"
I got up from my computer and walked down stairs and picked up the phone, "Ello?"
Jacob was the caller, "Hey, why'd you run out like that? And how?"
"What?"
"You ran out pretty quickly. I've never seen anyone run like that."
"Oh, well, I had to in like 6th-8th grade. All of the girls ganged up on me everyday, so I learned to run. I CAN fight, but I got suspended too many times."
"Oh."
"Yeah, well, what`cha want?"
"Oh, well... Will... Can you come over?"
"Yeah, sure. I'll come over soon."
"Thanks Kelsie." Jacob said gratefully.
We hung up and I logged off of the my computer in case my mom needed to use it. I didnt want her reading my messages. I told her where I was going and I asked, "Hey, mom, when do I need to be home?"
"Oh..." She had to think for a little bit. "Just be home before dark."
"Ok, well... Thanks." I said before I ran out the door. I could have taken my moms car, but I wanted to run, the cold, crisp, night air felt good. I got all the way across town in a matter of very few minutes. I wandered around the woods for just another few, and ran back to his house. I knoked on the door, I heard Eve yell, "I'll get it!" She opened the door and said, "HEY! JAKEY! IT'S KELS!"
I nodded and said, "Hello Eve."
She looked up at me and smiled, "Hi! Jakey will be down in a minute. Do you want to come in?"
"Nah it's ok, I'll wait out here." I said as a walked in my random circles. Eve closed the door.


More to come later on.
© Copyright 2008 Kelsie (kels1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495594-The-outcasts