*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496254-Alex-and-Yohanna-Chapter-5-PART-TWO
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #1496254
Yohanna causes yohanna to get furious and at the same time mad almost costing her her life
...Comtinued chapter five.


"What was so bad about the interview?” Lucy asked again curious.

“Wait for it.” I said.

And then the kid showed up. 'Do you like her?' Was the first question, 'that is not something you can ask us' I had said. 'Film is still rolling' I heard Alex’s voice but he wasn’t in the video he was just filming, 'sorry' I had replied. 'So how do you feel about heading to high school?' Had been the next question I asked Aaron. The kids name had stuck with me now. 'Oh I think it will be great if I find a beautiful girl like you. Don’t you think so?' I heard people laughing and I started to blush I was sure no one could see me the lights were off. Once again I had to thank god for darkness.
“You go girl,” I heard Lucy say.

“Everyone be quiet,” Mrs. Smith interrupted.

'I think I agree,' Alex had answered and now everyone’s eyes were on him. I could see Lucy glancing back and forth at us. 'What do you hope to accomplish in high school?' I heard myself again in the video, 'you two do go out?' Aaron asked the question still annoyed me. 'Would you stop asking weird questions if I answer?' I had asked him, actually sounded polite I thought I had been mean to him. 'Only if the answer is yes,' I heard Aaron say at this point I wasn’t looking at the TV anymore I was looking for Lucy’s reaction. 'Okay then you caught us we are going out, she just doesn’t like telling people,' I heard Alex say.

“Wow,” someone in class said.

“Sorry,” I whispered to Lucy.

'Is that true?' I wish Mrs. Smith would have stopped the tape, but she seemed to enjoy the conversation as much as everyone but Eric and Lucy were. 

'Yes it’s just that Alex annoys people with his comments and I don’t like for them to know that I date someone annoying,' I hated my voice so much right now. I turned to Lucy who was now staring at me, she looked mad.

“Is this what you were worried about?” she whispered.

“Yes I swear he made me say it the kid wouldn’t shut up,” I tried to justify myself.

“Its okay you sounded forced,” she said with a small laugh.

I thought she was mad but she wasn’t, I turned to Eric who was now more relaxed too. I saw Alex looking at me and then turned away. I looked around the room and the only one looking at Alex and I was Jessica. She saw me looking at her and she smiled at me, this smile wasn’t fake I knew that it was the friendly one she had given Alex the first day of school.

“Why is she smiling at you?” Lucy asked.

Oh god she had seen that, I thought.

“Who?” I asked.

“Jessica,” she said.

“Probably faking it,” I suggested.

“Yeah maybe.”

The bell rang and I headed for the door. I didn’t want to be in this class any longer.

“Hey do you want me to walk you to government?” Lucy asked.

“Since when do you ask if you can walk me somewhere?” I asked sort of mad, she never had to ask me.

“It’s because I was hoping you would say no, I have to talk to Alex about something,” she explained.

“Do you want me to go with you?” I asked hoping she would say yes.

“No it’s okay I can handle it.”

“Okay see you in lunch,” I said hurrying to class.

I heard someone call me from behind but it wasn’t Lucy so I didn’t stop.

“Hey it’s Jessica, Lucy is gone.”

“Sorry I just don’t feel like talking to anyone,” I said looking away.

“I guess I kind sympathize,” she said, “mind if we walk to class?”

“I don’t have you this class period,” I said.

“I know but my class is next to yours,”

“Okay then, but won’t your sister get mad if she sees you with me?” I asked her.

“She has calculus this period so she’s too far away to even see us.”

“Great now I feel worst by having to hide from Suzy,” I said turning away.

“Don’t worry I didn’t think Lucy would leave you alone after I smiled at you,” she replied.

“So what did you want to tell me?” I asked .

“Nothing just wanted to walk with you to class, it’s hard the Alex thing isn’t it?”

“Yeah I guess, wait what are you talking about?”

I didn’t know if I could trust Jessica to tell her I felt something for Alex, she may be using me.

“I know you like Alex I noticed since the first day I seen you guys walk in, why did you think I fought back yesterday?” she asked.

“I don’t know I thought that was how you were,” I replied innocently.

“No the only reason I never spoke to you was because of Suzy I told you that. Besides I think I don’t like Alex he carries around too much drama.”

“I should have figured that out before you,” I said sighing.

“So I was going to ask if you needed help with the Romeo and Juliet play but I guess you got it covered, since you actually feel what Juliet felt for 
Romeo for Alex,” she said.

“Guess so,” I replied as I headed in my classroom.

“See you in lunch,” she said.

“Remember to go to the restroom,” I reminded her.

I turned in my homework for government and I saw Alex turn his in too. I felt like a spy I would look at him every five minutes. I hated government so I didn’t even pay attention or tried to, I would get anything I needed to know from Lucy. I walked out the classroom with out even copying the homework, I didn’t even fell the need to. As I walked out of class I saw that Lucy was waiting for me.

“Hey you’re out early,” she said.

“I don’t like that class,” I replied.

“Didn’t know how much you hated it,” she teased.

“Can we go to lunch I am so hungry?”

We walked to lunch in silence, I searched the whole cafeteria for Juan and I spotted him in the very corner of with some of his friends.

“Who are you looking for?” Lucy asked following my gaze.

“Nobody,” I said taking some french-fries from the lunch lady.

We sat like yesterday, Alex in front of me and Lucy besides him. It felt weird them two there with me, or maybe it was that it was us three together. I looked over to Bruce’s table he wasn’t sitting with Juan and of that I was relieved I didn’t want him to get mad at me for talking to Juan. I took advantage that Bruce was so into his conversation that he wouldn’t notice me talking to Juan to go ask Juan out for Jessica.

“I’ll be right back,” I said to Lucy.

“Where are you going?” she asked.

I glanced at Juan and saw her follow my gaze.

“I have a few questions for him,” I said.

“Are you going to ask him to prom?” she asked mouth wide open, “Eric is going to get pissed off,” she warned me.

“I haven’t told Eric yes,” I said glancing at Alex who was now trying to grab Bruce’s attention.

I turned to Bruce who was nowhere near looking at Alex.

“Can you talk to him?” I whispered to Lucy.

“Why?” she asked.

“Just do it.”

“Hey Alex what are we wearing to prom?” Lucy asked.

I saw Alex turn to her and then back at me. I got up and left to Juan’s table. Whatever Bruce could tell me was out of my mind right now. I already knew he would be mad, what else could he possibly do to me?

“Hey Juan, can I speak to you?” I asked as soon as I was in front of him.

“Why not?” he answered.

“You never introduce the pretty one,” one of Juan’s friends said.

“Hello I’m Yohanna and I need to talk to Juan. Do you mind?” I asked as politely as I could.

I was in a rush so I didn’t mind being rude, I didn’t want Bruce to see me talking to him.

“You heard her guys sorry,” Juan said getting up from his seat, “I’ll be back.”

“We hope so,” one of the guys said smiling at me.

We walked to another empty table close to where he was sitting, and closer to Bruce’s view. I would have told him that I didn’t want Bruce to see us talking but I didn’t want him to think bad about me.

“So what did you want to tell me?” he asked.

“Do you have a prom date?” I asked.

“No,” he replied smiling, “I wish do you?”

“How could you not, I mean I know a lot  of girls have asked you,” I said.

“I’ve been waiting for the right one.”

“Okay I would so ask you,” I said with the same flirtatious voice I had used on him earlier.

If I wanted him to go out with Jessica I had to try really hard, not that he wouldn’t go out with her but he wasn’t an easy guy.

“So why don’t you?” he asked curious.

“First of all someone already asked me, and then secondly my friend wants to go with you,” I said.

“Lucy wants to go with me to prom?” he asked.

I was shocked he remembered her name but again who wouldn’t.

“No not her I meant Jessica,” I said.

“One of the new twins?” he asked.

“Yes, the darker one.”

“The cute one?” he asked.

“Not that I would be looking at that, but yes I guess,” I answered.


“I’m only taking her because you’re asking okay, and because you already have a date.”
“Okay just don’t tell her that,” I said with a smile.

I felt comfortable with him, he seemed to like me. He was telling me some joke, even though I was already laughing really loud, when I noticed Alex at Bruce’s table. I saw Bruce glancing at me and then back at Alex, he looked mad really mad. I turned back to Juan who was now staring at Alex and Bruce.

“He doesn’t like me does he?” Juan asked.

“Who Alex or Bruce?”

“I know what is Bruce’s problem, but Alex seemed cool last year why is he acting different?” he asked I didn’t answer so he kept talking, “if it wasn’t for the fact that he’s taking Lucy to prom I would think he’s jealous of me.”

“Why would he be jealous of you?” I asked.

“You’re beautiful Yohanna and you’re every guys dream come true,” he answered.

“I think I would have preferred anything else besides that,” I said looking at Bruce.

“I’m serious I would take you to my prom if you wouldn’t asked me out for a friend.”

“Why didn’t you ever talk to me like this before?” I asked.

“You were a freshmen, when I saw you with Bruce for the first time,” he said, “I thought you two dated, and when he spoke of you I thought you were way out of my league.”

“Weird Lucy and I never thought of you as a boyfriend because we thought you were out of our lead,” I answered him with a smile.

I was glad that he like me like that, it made me feel flattered. I looked at Bruce again, but he was now walking towards us, and Alex was sitting faced our direction. I turned to Jessica and felt relieved when she saw this and got up, she headed for the restroom.

“I got to go and you better go with your friends if you don’t want to argue with Bruce again,” I suggested.

“I’m not afraid of him and you shouldn’t be either. I’m here he cant do anything to you, he wont I promise.”

“I don’t care about what he could do to me, I don’t want him and you to fight because of me,” I said.

“Okay I’ll go just for you,” he said getting up.

I saw Bruce he was still walking towards us when Juan got up and hugged me, I got up and hugged him too. I met Bruce’s gaze and saw how it hurt him that I was hugging Juan. Alex was surprised too, he seemed as hurt as Bruce. I started walking to the other exit of the cafeteria and looked back as I stepped out the noisy place, Bruce stopped for a while and then headed to Juan’s table. What ever he told him I knew Juan would tell me what happened. I went in the restroom and saw Jessica anxiously waiting for me.

“Hey what did he say?” she asked me.

“What else could he say,” I said, “he obviously said yes.”

“Thanks I love you,” she said giving me a tight hug.

I felt weird to be hugging her, I felt like I didn’t deserve the hug. I was doing this for me too, not just for her I knew that after prom Juan would try to hook up with me. Why else would he have gone with Jessica? I hugged Jessica back and it suddenly felt good, I looked at us in the mirror I was facing and Lucy’s reflection appeared behind us.

“Lucy what are you doing here?” I cried.

“I was wondering the same thing about you,” she answered.

“I got to go, thanks Yohanna,” Jessica said leaving.

“What the hell Yohanna,” Lucy yelled, “what was that about?”

“Nothing she asked for a favor and I thought it would be the best way to get rid of her,” I lied to her.

“Okay then why was she hugging you?”

“I don’t know I guess maybe she was thankful,” I said with plenty of sarcasm.

“You didn’t have to hug her back.”

“I wasn’t,” I protested.

“Whatever let’s not talk about that anymore,” she said, “What did you talk to Juan about?”

“That was the favor Jessica asked for,” I said, “ she needed a date to prom when you took Alex, I felt bad because I helped you with him when I already knew she had asked him,” it wasn’t totally a lie.

“So you got Bruce mad at you because she asked for a favor, I don’t think you would do that for me,” she responded.

She was being so childishly self centered.

“No, Bruce was mad since earlier this morning after the first time I spoke to Juan. I don’t know what he has against Juan.”

“So you’re not dumping Eric?” she asked.

“No you know I wouldn’t do that.”

“You better go tell him because he was mad when he sat in the table and saw you with Juan.”

“What did you tell him?” I asked.

“Alex told him that you were asking him to prom.”

“God he needs to start minding his business,” I said frustrated.

“He was worried about you,” Lucy said it.

“I want to go already,” I said.

“So you have all your things with you?”

“Yeah why?”

“I’m taking you home today,” she replied.

“No need I already have a ride with Juan.”

“Bruce will be mad, he looks worried.”

“I don’t care if he’s worried about me,” I said walking quickly out of the restroom, and automatically walking back in.

Bruce was waiting for me outside the restroom, does he really think I would tell him what I spoke of with Juan?

“So didn’t you hear me, I don’t want you to talk to Juan like that.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked Bruce.

“You were flirting with him,” he accused.

“No I wasn’t,” I tried defending myself.

He saw straight through my lies, he could see my smile anyone who was close enough could.

“So why are you smiling?”

“I got him a prom date okay?” I said my smile fading.

“You seem mad that you can’t go with him,” he accused.

“Oh god Bruce you are not my father, not even my father would care this much why are you being so hard on me?”

“Because I know your father wouldn’t,” he said.

It hurt that he was rubbing it in my face,  I knew my dad didn’t care for me even half of how Bruce cared for me.

“I know my dad wouldn’t give a dam if I was dead right now and so do you, but that doesn’t give you the right to rub it on my face Bruce,” I said it loud enough so only he could hear me. 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that,” he said.

“I know, I just want to be happy this summer I want to just feel free,” I said to Bruce.

And I was already headed to the table where I sat, I saw Jared, Eric, Steph, Lana, and Alex sitting there I already knew what I was about to do and didn’t even care.

“Can I see your keys?” I asked Alex.

“For what?” he asked.

I had to get them from him without him finding out what I wanted them for, at least not until Lucy told them I had all my stuff and then they would find out after that.

“I need to get something I left in your car,” I said.

“Here,” he said handing me the keys.

Yes I thought it wasn’t that much work. I saw Bruce and Lucy just a few steps behind me. So I started to head for the furthest exit, they were almost blocking the close one.

“Where is she going?” I heard Lucy ask.

“She forgot something in my car,” Alex replied.

There voices were fading away but not a lot, I wanted them gone but I wasn’t going to grab attention by running.

“Oh god Alex tell me you didn’t give her the keys to your car,” Lucy sounded worried I stopped to think twice before leaving, “she was shaking when she got out of the restroom and she told me she had everything she needed to ride home with Juan.”

to be continued....
© Copyright 2008 Martha Salas (lovelivelaugh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496254-Alex-and-Yohanna-Chapter-5-PART-TWO