*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496350-Is-It-True
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1496350
This is a story of a girl that just moved into a new town after her dad dies of cancer
Rosa Dovelynn was a fourteen year old girl who had just moved to Taylor Town Tennessee with her fifteen year old  brother Ion Dovelynn and her mom her mom was single because last year her dad had died of cancer and  so her mom decided to start over  so they moved to Taylor Town Tennessee even though Rosa and Ion didn't want to but their mom insisted they move  saying  that it would be good for them  because it gave them to many sad memories so Rosa  and Ion decided to move with their mom and  the day they left Rosa sad some tearful goodbyes to her friends and her boyfriend and Ion also had to say goodbye to his friends and girlfriend and now it had been a week science they moved to the new town and state they were originally from  California and  today was their first day of  school they were now going to Lkari High the school was huge  and had a little over a thousand students attending the school.  Today is the first day at their new school  Rosa's  alarm clock went off at 5:30am and she lazily turned off the alarm clock and got out of bed,took a shower,got dressed,brushed her teeth and then headed to the stairs on her way to the stairs she walked up to her brother's room and knocked on the door yelling "YO BRO GET UP OR YOUR GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL"  she heard her brother groan and reply sleepily "ok ok i'll get up god sis you don't have to yell" and he got up and  got ready for school he was wearing black jeans and a red t-shirt and his faveorite  black boots and brushed his short blond hair and walked down stairs to  join his sis who was eating breakfast Rosa was wearing a denim mini skirt and a pink short sleeve shirt and had her blond wavy hair in as ponytail.                 

                Ion sat down next to her and poured himself some cereal his sister looked at him "so you finally decided to wake up and go to school" Rosa said  Ion replied "yeah but i don't want to go to the new school "oh i know what you mean by that i don't want to go the new school either"Rosa said  understanding Ion got done with his breakfast and stood up  and checked the clock  it was 7:00am  "hey sis come on we have to leave" Ion said  "ok hey are you going to drive to the school or are we taking the bus?" Rosa asked  Ion replied "i'm going to go ahead and drive us to  school because i don't feel like waiting for the bus" and  Rosa and Ion got their backpacks  and any of the other stuff they needed and got in  Ion's car and drove to the school when they got to the school they got out of the car and headed trowed the school  and went to the office to get their schedules they arrived at the office "hey me and my sister are here to pick up our schedules" Ion declared "ok what's your sister's name?" the office worker asked "Rosa Dovelynn"Rosa told the office worker the worker looked at Ion and then asked "ok  what's your name?" Ion replied "Ion Dovelynn" "ok here are your schedules" the worker as she handed them their schedules they stepped out of the office  Ion turned around and asked  "hey sis what's your schedule?" "uh hmm let me see science 1st,math 2nd,ssr 3rd,social studies 4th,elective 5th,reading 6th and English 7th" Rosa told her brother "what's your schedule?" Rosa asked her brother "uh math 1st,social studies 2nd,ssr 3rd,reading 4th,elective 5th,science 6th and English 7th"Ion told his sister.                 



                they headed off to class Rosa went to her first  class and told the teacher that she was new and the teacher went up to the class  and said "class today we have a new student joking us" as soon as the teacher said that a brown headed boy nare the back of the class thought "oh great another newbie the dude's probably an ugly redneck or something" with his dark brown eyes closed until he heard a girls voice  saying to the class  "Hi my name is Rosa Dovelynn and i'm new here i moved here from California with my mom and older brother" the brown haired boy named Ryan Dew opened his eyes and saw what he thought was the prettiest girl in the 9th grade she was tall and had on a denim mini skirt and a sort sleeve pink shirt and her long blond wavy hair in a ponytail and she had the most beautiful blue eyes and shy smile  the teacher told Rosa  "welcome to the class you can sit next to Ryan,Ryan please put your hand up" Ryan was more then happy to have Rosa sit next to him and Rosa walked over to him and sat down next him and gave him a smile and said "hi my name is Rosa" and Ryan gave her a smile and said "Rosa is a really pretty name my name is Ryan" "thank you"Rosa said  "your welcome" Ryan answered back and thy both turned their attention back to the teacher soon after that the bell rang  and Rosa  and Ryan got up and Ryan asked Rosa "what's your next class?" Rosa replied "math" Ryan smiled and said "cool me to  want to be locker buddies  at least until the school can get you a locker and that way i can show you the way around the school what's your schedule?" "yeah sure  um my schedule is science 1st,math 2ed,ssr 3rd,ss 4th,elective 5th,reading 6th and English 7th why?" Rosa said Ryan smiled once again Rosa loved seeing Ryan smile and Ryan said "cool we have the same schedule" and they headed off to  math class and walked in sat right next each other.

              Ryan whispered  to her saying "hey after this class we get a 20 min break where we can go anywhere in the school" Rosa whispered back"cool you'll be able to meet my brother he's really nice" Ryan smiled "sweet can't wait to meet him" and then turnd his attention to the teacher but Rosa didn't she  just started at Ryan he was tall and was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans the had hole on the knees he had short brown hair and really handsome dark  brown eyes and really handsome smile and face and had a small scar above his right eyebrow and she smiled thinking"wow he's really handsome i'm glad were friends and that i've met him" and she turnd her attention to the  teacher  and Ryan was thinking "wow she's really beautiful i'm glad were friends and that i met her  i wonder why she only lived here with her mom and brother  and not her dad i wonder if her perants are divorced" and then the bell rang .

                        Rosa  smile and got up and grabbed Ryan's hand  and draged him to the 10th grade hallway and waited for brother  Ryan was smiling the whole way and was wondering what her brother looked like he started trying to picture  what her brother looked liked when  a boy walked out of the classroom and Rosa ran a hugged him  Ryan started at the boy he was a little bit taller then  Rosa about his hight and had green eyes and short blond hair a shade darker then Rosa's and was wareing a red t-shirt and black jeans he suddenly was snapped out of his thoughts by Rosa's voice "hey this is my older brother Ion Ion this is my new friend Ryan" Ion smiled and shoke Ryan's hand and said "hi nice to meet you Ryan" Ryan smiled back and said "nice to meet you to Ion" Rosa smiled she was glad that her brother seemed to trust Ryan at least somewhat  after  the break it was lunch time and Ryan and Rosa had the same lunch period  so after they got their lunches Ryan asked "Hey Rosa how come you only live with your mom and brother?"Rosa suddenly  felt sad it  like she had been a year ago when her  and her brother's dad died  and looked at Ryan with  watery eyes    that looked like  the tears would overflow at any minute  Rosa took a deep breath  and said "because  mine and brother's  dad died of cancer a year ago" Rosa finaly started crying.

                   

                  Ryan was a little in  a little bit of shock  but he still took Rosa  and pulled her into a hug  that any friend would do even though Ryan  meant for it to be  filled with love like a lover would and not  like a just a friend would hug  and he held he taking in her scent  not saying anything  because he felt he would make it worse by saying anything and  he also didn't know what to say he guessed she wouldn't want him to feel sorry for her  so he waited for her to speak before he said anything finally  after what seemed like an enturnaty  she spoke "Ryan i'm sorry i freaked out like that and got your shirt all wet  it's just that i've been doing my best not to cry so i can apper strong to Ion and not look like a weak little sister  who needs her  older brother to protect me all the time " Ryan looked at Rosa  with sympathatic eyes  and  grabbed her by the shoulders gently and looked into her eyes and said softly  " look Rosa  you shouldn't hold all those tears in because it's not healthy  and plus you should be able to cry all you want  and  not be judged i  know it must have been hard watching your dad slowly die but i don't know him  but i think even though i think he'd want you to be happy but i also think he wouldn't want you to  hold all  your sadness in and you should be able to  cry  and remember when ever you feel like talking or crying  just  call me or come find me  and i'll give you an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on" Rosa sniffled and then smiled  and  said "thank you so much Ryan  you have no idea what  what you said means to me  and  everything"  Ryan    was just about to say something when all the sudden the  bell rang a signal  that lunch time was over  Ryan  walking with Rosa  and  had just walked into class. 

                    when the  intercom thingy  came on  and the principal's voice said " we are sorry to inform you that you may go home now because  the teachers think they are not getting payed well enough so they are going on strike" everyone one started cheering wooting,woohooing,yaying and squealing and making other immature and weird noises  an while everyone was doing that Rosa and Ryan  decided to head  out of the school  and on their way out of the school they spotted Ion  and Ryan asked "hey Rosa want to come over my house for a little bit and then later i can drive you home?" Rosa replied "sure but i have to  tell Ion so he can tell our mom so she doesn't freak out"  Rosa  walked up to her brother  and told him to tell their mom that she was over a friends house and that she will call when she on her way home and  not to worry about  saving her dinner because her friend  had invited her over for dinner,

                      Ryan  and Rosa got into  Ryan's car and  Ryan  began to drive to his house  all the while Rosa never took her eyes off of Ryan  she believed that she had fallen in love with him.  even though she'd only known him for a day but he was handsome,nice and kind and not a jerk like alot of her old boyfriends.  After a while  they arrived at Ryan's house  and Rosa thought it was a really beautiful house  it was a two story house  it had one of those  U  shaped drive ways  and it had a cute fountain    between the drive way and the road  Ryan  opened the door for Rosa to get out.  Rosa  walked into the house in front of Ryan. A lady  walked up to the door to greet Ryan  and the lady hugged Ryan and  said "welcome home Ryan"  and  the lady went to walk away  but saw Rosa  and the lady looked at Ryan and asked  " Ryan who is this girl?" the lady asked  pointing at Rosa. Ryan replied  to te lady's question "mom this is my friend Rosa  i invited her for dinner" the lady who we just found out was Ryan's mom  said "ok  hello Rosa i'm Ryan's mom and yes you can eat dinner with us"  Ryan's mom  told Rosa  shaking  her hand  "thank you and it's nice to meet you  Ryan's mom" Rosa said as she shoke  Ryan's mom's hand back and then let go. Ryan  grabbed  Rosa's hand  and lead  Rosa up the stairs and into his room. Rosa looked around  it  looked like a normal room it had a full size bed,,two dressers,a computer on a desk, a book case,a clothes hamper,and a radio. Ryan smiled sheepishly “yeah it's not much but hey it's mine” Ryan said  Rosa  smiled softly “mine ain't all that good either but then a again I just moved here” “yeah you have an excuse” Ryan told her  smiling “well I really wouldn't call it an excuse i'd call it a choice to not have a  lot of stuff in my room” Rosa said laughing slightly

“a choice an excuse pretty much the same to me  because  let's say I chose not to do my homework then the next day i'd have to make up an excuse as to why I didn't do it so excuses and choices go hand in hand” Ryan  said in a matter as fact voice “hmm you might have a point there  but  you also made yourself an excuse as to why you didn't want to do your homework.” Rosa said stateing a really good point  “hmm so your saying that I didn't just make up one excuse  I just made up two so basic everyone always makes up two excuses and one choice” Ryan said  hoping he understood what Rosa    was trying  say.  “yep  that exactly what I was trying to say” Rosa said proud of Ryan for understanding that Ryan sat on his  bed and patted at the spot for Rosa  to sit next to him.



                Rosa  sat next to Ryan and smiled Ryan looked at Rosa and smiled tenderly at her  and  moved  his hand onto the opposite  cheek then the cheek that was facing him he slowly  moved her head  so she looked at him and he slowly moved forward  and  moved his soft,warm lips against hers . Rosa was a bit surprised at first but  after  a second  she closed her eyes and kissed him back . After  awhile they broke apart because of the fact that they are humans  and do in fact need air. Ryan and Rosa  smiled at each other  “wow” they both said at the same time  “i didn't know you felt that what Ryan”  Rosa said quietly “well I do Rosa I love you so much I wan tto make you happy because you deserve to be happy” Ryan said hugging Rosa  “i love you to Ryan” Rosa said hugging him back.

Ryan looked into Rosa's eyes  gave her a true smile and kissed her again this time with all the love and passion he could muster up.

© Copyright 2008 Yuki Sari (cortcort2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496350-Is-It-True