*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496639-How-my-family-was-lost
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1496639
Tells the story of how I lost my family.
On Christmas Eve she had gone to bed but had forgotten to blow out the candle. My little brothers had snuck out of bed and were playing with their new football when they threw it to hard and knocked over the candle which immediately set fire to the curtains. My brothers ran screaming to my parents room and woke them up. My father ran down to see what he could do to stop the fire while my mom got my other siblings and me up. I ran down to help my father as my mom got the little ones out. The flames had spread too quickly and the entire bottom part of the house was in flames. My dad tried to get three of my younger siblings out but they got lost and burned. My mother, my two younger brothers and I were the only ones left. My two brothers tried to run into the flames and my mother caught one but she couldn't get them both. The three of us ran up to my room and we tried to climb out of the window and get to the tree. My brother fell and when my mother tried to catch him she lost her balance and fell as well. I was the only one left. I was scared so I ran and hid under my bed. Later, after I'm not sure how long, I heard someone coming up to my room. When the fireman came into my room he went straight to my bed. I guess he heard me whimpering and crying for my father. He got me out of the house just before it collapsed. Later on I learned what had happened to my family. That my father and siblings had been burned to death and that when my mother and brother fell they had broken their necks. I was in the hospital for a long time with burns over most of my body. Most of the Dr.s were surprised that I even survived. To this day I can't forget what happened to my family and how I lost them that night.
© Copyright 2008 Rosey Fire (friskybunny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496639-How-my-family-was-lost