*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497100-Sleepless---Prologue--
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ralari
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Horror/Scary · #1497100
A man awakens to find himself in a demented game and is haunted by his past. PLEASE R&R!
Hello all readers and thanks for reading this, please bear in mind that this is my first story and not a very good one, but I had an idea for a horror story and I just had to write it down.


A laugh.
Smiles.
Bright light.
James rolled in his sleep.
"How are you today?"
A girl.
People talking.
A masked man.
James touched something and shivered.
A suitcase.
A woman crying.
Silence.

Then the screams.

James woke with a shock and a cold feeling in his gut. His back ached and his hand touched wetness, he frowned, puzzled because he remembered going to sleep on his soft mattress and now he was lying on hard floor. Maybe he had fallen off his bed in the night, but that would leave the wetness to be explained.
He withdrew his hand just incase it was piss, it would explain the nauseating smell but it just didnt seem like it, he slowly stood up to turn the light switch on because it was pitch black, but when he stumbled over to where he remembered it was his hand hit nothing, groaning, he remembered that he always slept with his Altec Swiss Knife which had everything, including a flashlight. He pulled it out and felt the familiar knobbly shape of it, closing his eyes and thinking back to when his dad was still alive.

James turned on the flash light and pointed it at the floor, he felt confused because it was not the hardwood surface of his bedroom but black and white checkered tiles, he shined the light to where he was sleeping just a few minutes ago and he gasped, feeling sick with shock.
There was blood all over the floor.
Splattered on the walls.
He slept in it.
His shirt and his hands were all caked in dark maroon blood, it was smeared all along his thighs where he rolled over.
And there were two bodies lying on the floor in which he slept in the middle.
They were already begining to rot and the stench was unbearable now that he knew what it was.
He turned around and he started vomiting all over the floor, he felt his puke splatter all over him but he didnt care, nothing mattered more than getting away from there as fast as he could, he took a step forward then slipped on his puke, his mind went blank as it hit the floor, just before he felt his consciousness slip away he heard a slow, silent laugh.

----Some Time Later----

James moaned, his whole body was throbbing with pain and he had a gag bound tightly around his mouth. He was blindfolded and he could do nothing but ride the pain that his body inflicted on himself, when he started breathing more normally and he came to his senses, he realised that his hands and feet were not shackled or bound. He struggled to get up and he pulled his blind fold down and removed his gag and shivered.
He was in a large warehouse like room, meat hooks were hanging off racks in rows so James guessed that he was in a slaughterhouse, he stood up shakily and he spun around when he heard a voice behind him say,
"So the prey awakes."
"Who are you!?" Shouted James,
"You do not need to know, but you will guess soon enough..." Said the voice, this time to his left.
"Your life is a pitiful waste of time, your father would be horribly disapointed in you... James..." The voice came from the right.
"How do you know my father and how do you know my name?" Shouted James.
"Hush hush now little boy, you should save your energy because soon, the game will begin, and I have the best seat in the house!"

To Be Continued...

I know it wasn't that long or scary and far from perfect, but can you please tell me what you think of it and I will try to improve. Thanks!!
© Copyright 2008 Ralari (ralari at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497100-Sleepless---Prologue--