*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497806-The-day-my-life-fell-apart
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1497806
this is personal but i decided to put it in a short story
My twin brother and I were about 8 years old and my little sister was 4 years old. My family didn't have much but we were happy.  I thought life couldn't get any better, because even though money was  the source of our problems; i already had more then most people. A family.  Issues between my parents were behind closed doors and was soon to be in the open. It seemed that everyone knew that my parents were not meant to be, expect my brother , sister and I.  Before I was even born drugs was my dad's problem  and seem to also creep out  from inside the closet.  The day my life fell apart, it was as normal as anyday.  We had breakfast and then was send to our rooms.  We were in our rooms when my dad came in with tears in his eyes. I had never seen this side of him, and it pained me to see him this way. He begins to tells his side of the story, blaming my mom for everything. Saying that the fact that they were breaking up and going their separate ways was her fault. That she was breaking a man and his kids apart. I couldn't believe my eyes but I  still thought it was true; from the fussing and slaming of doors that I heard. I broke down like never before. I had never been without my dad; he was always there to pick me up when I was down. He always had  a joke or a funny story to tell that brightens your day. My dad gets up to leave , while my sister and I hang on to him for dear life. Believing that because we loved him that much he would stay but he  walked out the door and never looked back . I blamed my mother for my pain, for the fact that my father was gone. Even though we got to  see my dad from time to time; it was never the same. Not seeing him in the moring when we woke up and again when we went to sleep was too much to bare.  Then oneday over at my dads house we were having fun, but my dad was acting strange. He seemed as though he was sleeply all the time. This of course was nothing I was worried about becauase I didn't know anything about drugs. That is until I went to my dad's room to say goodbye. When I saw him, he had white powder towards his face . I stood there with my feet planted to the floor, unable to move. I finally found the words to say dad then I ran away. Stopping to only see if my dad would follow but he didn't. He never moved, I don't even think he even looked up. I was hurt. How could my dad, my hero, the person who taught me the love of writing and reading' do this to me. When I went home I told my mom everything that happen , and she told me what the power was. Drugs, Drugs, Drugs. I Never would I had thought , not my dad. Our relatinship went down hill from there and still he blames everyone for the time apart we had. He's off drug now for almost 2 years but I still feel like he's lost . He still don't call, or come to see us, his kids. The same kids who he help birth, the same kids who still loved him through everything.



When I come to tthink about that day that seemed to be the day my life fell apart; was also the day everything started to make sense. With my dad we had no money for anything, and after my dad we had money for eveything. This made life a little bit better. Without my dad life seems less diffcult, and it made my mom happy. which made us happy.
© Copyright 2008 pinklove (myeisha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497806-The-day-my-life-fell-apart