*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498371-untitled-chp-2
by calsan
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1498371
chapter 2.
CHAPTER 2

When I walked into the house I set my keys down on the kitchen counter and went to go raid the fridge. I had been thinking about Rory and my desire all day that I had completely forgotten about lunch. I grabbed a Mountain Dew and made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich then walked up to my room to start doing my homework.

I took my pre-calculus book out of my bag and tried to concentrate on the homework until I realized I had no clue what I was doing. Closing the book, I decided to call Meagan to see if she wanted to go to the club. Grabbing my cell phone out of my purse I noticed a single black rose on my window sill. Completely forgetting about my phone, I opened the window and grabbed the flower. I was confused and curious at the same time, wondering who would give me a black rose and who would be able to reach my second story window.

Remembering that I was going to call Meagen I picked up my phone and headed downstairs to get a vase for the rose. As I was filling the vase up with water Meagen picked up the phone.

"Hey Meg, do you wanna go to the club?"

"Yes, yes, yes. I am so in a dancing mood."

"Haha. Come over here at nine o' clock and we'll head on out."

"Sure thing, bye Kay."

With the vase filled up with water I headed back to my room and put the rose into it. It was a beautiful rose, really, I just wondered who gave it to me. I traded the clothes that I was wearing for a denim mini skirt and a different colored halter-top. Checking my reflection in the mirror I went down to dinner.

"Hey mom, Meg and I are going to the movies."

"Alright sweetie, just don't be out all night."

"I won't mom, thanks."

I was sitting in the passengers seat of Meagens car when she brought up what I had been thinking about.

"Word around the halls is that there is a hot new guy at our school."

"Yeah, I've seen him. I have a couple classes with him."

"OH MY GOSH!!! Kay you seriously have to introduce me."

I felt a pang of jealousy at that. I felt like he was mine. "He's hot Meg, but he is
probably one of those heart breakers who are no good to get involved with."

"He is so sexy though Kay."

"He wouldn't be sexy after he hurt you."

I felt bad that I was being mean, but I also felt the need to keep her away from him, to keep any girl away from him.

Standing in the line outside of the club I could already feel the music vibrating through me. I love getting lost, dancing is one of the best ways to do that. Once we got inside Meg and I practically ran to the dance floor eager to get lost in the music. Music pumping through the speakers I closed my eyes and danced. The more that I let the music flow through me, the more that I got lost, forgetting everything that was real and just dancing. It was crowded on the dance floor, but only Meg was near enough to touch my hips and she wasn't the one touching me. I spun around really fast to see if anyone was behind me, but found myself staring at someones back. I looked around and saw nobody near that could have been touching me. Brushing off the feeling I went back to dancing, only to feel the hands on my hips again and a body move with mine. I was getting freaked out now, nobody was that near to me to be that close. Yelling at Meagen over the music I told her I was going to go get something to drink.

I was sitting at a table looking over the floor watching people dance when I felt like someones gaze was upon me. Instead of getting the chills and the raised neck hairs, my body warmed up and relaxed. I looked around to see if anyone was staring at me and caught sight of a new but weirdly familiar face, Rory. I did a double take to make sure that I wasn't going blind, but when I looked back to where he had been standing, nobody was there. I figured that if I was starting to see things, I need to get lost and forget. Winding my way through the crowd back to the dance floor I brought back the memory of those icy blue eyes staring into mine, and got lost. A couple hours later when I was laying on my bed, I let my thoughts take over my reality once again to think about the strange touch and gaze at the club and who I hoped it was.



© Copyright 2008 calsan (abock17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498371-untitled-chp-2