*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498874-Last-Shot
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #1498874
Another chance, another shot. Better make it count.
Last Shot


The sun was setting over the city rooftops. Its rays glared in Victors eyes as it shown threw the window, the line of shadow and light slowly rising over his slumped body as he sat at the foot of the bed next to Felicia. His apartment had an eerie silence that was only broken by the tick-tock of an old windup clock that stood on a night stand cluttered by sleeping aids, oneirogens and five bullets.

It had been more than two years since she had saved him, but since then, without her, he had been wandering aimlessly. Since then, it had become to overwhelming. Day after day, he would regretfully wakeup every morning hoping to be fortunate enough to come across what he had been looking for. It was always false hope.

“Looks like its just you and me, girl.” He dimly said as he slowly slid a trembling hand over the bed sheets towards Felicia and paused it over her. He pulled Felicia towards him and examined her in his hands. The barrel, the cylinders, the hammer, the handle that bared the slight features of the head of a cat amongst the light and dark fibers of the wood, for which he named the gun.

Slowly he turned the barrel of the gun towards him and placed it in his mouth. The barrel was cold on his tongue as it rattled against his teeth. As he pulled back the hammer he could hear his heart beat, beating louder and faster as he prepared himself. A strange feeling was coming over him, almost as if he was drugged by fear. The world now seem strangely detached from Victor's reality, it became more blurred and slow with each heart beat, as if he was seeing the world from the inside of a moving car, but far faster. He tried to ignored the strange occurrence by focusing on one thing.

“Jennifer”

He heard an interrupted retort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victor opened his eyes with a gasp, and they where stung by the rising sun shining through a window as he laid on a bed.

As if awakened from a deep sleep, he slowly started to regain his senses, but as he did he became more and more confused. Why am I alive? Why is the sun still out? Did I dream it all? Where questions that crossed his mind.

Realizing that Felicia was not in his hands anymore, he started to get up but noticed a weight rapt around his waist. As he looked down towards his stomach he saw that it was an arm wrapped around him, but that was not what shocked him. What made his heart stop and made his mind screech in its tracks was WHOM the arm belonged to; for laying there besides him, asleep with a peaceful expression on her face, was Jennifer.
© Copyright 2008 Victor Gamon (victor_gamon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498874-Last-Shot