*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499675-Later-Evening
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1499675
set in late 1600 france, shows girl and boy, in a relationship, say goodbye for the night
His cool arms quietly wrapped around my neck.  His elbows bent inward at my collar bone, and when I should have been screaming that it hurt I could not bare to move.  My cheeks turned cherry red as I sighed letting my breath out onto his shoulder.  His index finger caressed my cheek as it slipped under my chin to pull my lips to his.  His lips warmed mine as both his hands traveled up my face and knotted in my golden brown hair.  The crescent moon was high in the sky, and the clouded pond playing a movie of us standing close together.  Reluctantly, my lips turned away, and traced a curvy line across his right cheek as my head turned.  His arms moved back around my neck, then fell to my waist, my arms wrapped tightly around him this time, as if to return the favor.  I didn’t want to move as I thought of staying here forever, as if we were forgotten by the universe.  Our eyes searched for one another’s, and when they met I could see the unwillingness in his shimmering blue and grey eyes.  He did not want to go.  I was overjoyed by knowing this, but at the same time gave sorrow to him.  I did not want him to go either.  He would be expected at home, so I knew that I couldn’t keep him.  I was tense, as was he when he realized he couldn’t stay.  He embraced me one last time and with strength and endurance kissed me a last time before his arms fell to his side as did mine with a brisk, hushed “pat”.  He bowed and kissed my hand as he backed away with his face watching mine with every step away from me.  He then turned and began his way through the dark green meadow running faster now because I had kept him late.  As if I could understand what he thought about, I knew that he would not stop coming back for me as long as I wanted him to be here.  And I was sure that I would always want him with me as long as I lived.  He would come back every day, and I more than okay with that.  I will wait for sunset again tomorrow for my angel to come back to me. 

© Copyright 2008 j*c*a*t (mememe41632 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499675-Later-Evening