*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500232-Death-to-Santa
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Satire · #1500232
A silly Christmas satire. Please Review.
  Death to Santa
 

        The rebels stood at the edge of a tall icy cliff that looked out over a windy frozen sea. They were all dressed in their native color, green and all of them wore wide smiles. It was the first time in a long time that they had all felt so happy. it was the first time in a long time that they had all felt so free.
         “Death to the red man!” One of them cried out.
         “Death to the red man!” they all sang.
         “Death to the fat man!” Another screamed soulfully
         “Death to the fat man!” They all sang again.
         “Death to Santa!” they all yelled as one.
         “No please, you don’t know what your doing!” Santa cried as he desperately tried to wiggle free of tight ropes that restrained him.
         Instantly he was hit in the face with a snowball.
         “Shut up slave driver! We know exactly what we’re doing!” A rebel in the front exclaimed.
         He then turned to the crowd, “We may be small but together we are strong! Everyone together! Push!”
         The rebel group all began to push the red man. Closer and closer he inched towards the edge of the cliff. Closer and closer the rebel inched towards freedom.
         “Help! Please Help!” Santa cried out.
         Thirty feet away a group of reindeer stepped out of their stable.
         “My reindeer! Save me please!” Santa cried.
         The deer stared into the eyes of the fat red man, but they made no move to help him. One deer’s nose even began to glow cheerily. Never again would they have to pull the weight of a massively obese man across the sky and around the world.
         Suddenly the rebels reached the edge of the cliff.
         “Please! Don’t do this! Think of the children…”Santa pleaded.
         At once the rebels stopped. They had never thought of the little boys and girls that were brought so much joy every year. The tiny little faced that woke in the morning to see the beautiful toys all hand made by the rebels. They had never once thought of the wretched little hands that played with the toys and threw the toys and then destroyed the toys that the rebels had put their heart and soul in. At once all the rebels smiled.
         “Oh don’t worry Santa…” the rebel group sang together as one as they pushed the fat red man over the edge, “we’ll take care of the children.”
© Copyright 2008 Maria Wolf (achluo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500232-Death-to-Santa