*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500938-Blood-Lust
by Steve
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1500938
http://www.bebo.com/-blood-lust-book- make sure you click on that^^^^
Go here for a better experience... And please review!

http://www.bebo.com/-blood-lust-book-


Chapter One-'A killer Game Of Rugby'

I sat up on my bed, looking up at the moonlit sky out the window. Grey clouds flying past silently, while I am still awake at half past one. I had no answer for my newfound restlessness, my endless nights of sitting, and thinking. Of course it’s not just me up at night. Dad generally stays up late in his study. He’s obsessed with mythology and folklore. That’s all he’ll do all night. He generally looks at werewolves and vampires. I have no doubt that’s probably why mum left him, I smirk to myself.

I get off of my bed and wander over to dads study. Anything could be more interesting that just sitting here waiting for morning. I knock on his door.
“Dad, can I come in?” I ask, pushing the door anyway since I know he’ll say yes anyway. He is looking into a large hard cover book, continuously brushing his long brown hair aside when it gets in the way.

“What are you doing up this late again?” he interrogates.
“Still can’t get any sleep. I don’t know what’s wrong with me lately.” I answer glumly. He sits and nods while, looking distracted, every now and then looking back to his book.
“Just go back to your room and try your best to get some sleep.” He
“I’ll try…” I say unsurely.
“Goodnight Steve” He smiles
“Night” I Reply.
I return to my room and sit back on my bed, just me and my thoughts.

I decide to go downstairs at about seven. Not a usual time for me, but I wasn’t going to have another hour of boredom in my room. I suddenly felt far more drained. My bursts of energy had completely gone.

I slowly slumped towards the kitchen table and collapsed onto a chair. I rest my head on the table, close my eyes and sigh deeply. Dad came down not long after me and threw my school bag at me.
“Come on you, wide awake, get ready for school” He laughed. School? I thought it was a weekend?! I’m not going to survive the rest of the day…

I regain my energy by first period luckily during our P.E lesson. I feel the same frequent bursts that I did in the night. I feel stronger than I ever have in my life. I look stronger too. All of my muscles are larger than normal. I don’t know what’s happening to me. But I like it.

 I stand at the back of the pitch, waiting for my time to come. I see Luke, the smallest boy in our year, sprinting down the pitch, clutching the ball as though his life depended on it. I smile. Fear builds in his large dark eyes. I get ready to run…

Go!


I run at incredible speed down the pitch, faster than I’ve ever run before, faster than I’ve seen anyone run before. Luke still runs with the ball, unaware of my presence. I tear across the pitch and run head on towards Luke. He still runs none the less, convinced he’s going to take me down.

We finally make contact, and my shoulders crash into Luke’s upper body, he flies about 3 meters and lands rolling in the wet, murky mud. He cries out in desperate pain and is struggling to breath. I don’t think too much of it, he’s probably just winded. But then my attention was drawn to him once again. He was coughing up blood!

The teacher immediately ran over to Luke, and began checking him over.
“Someone go up to the school and call the air ambulance in!” He yelled. Everyone was too shocked to move.
“NOW!” He bellowed. Five or so people began to sprint up to school. I just stood there eyes watering, mouth agape. What have I done?

 The ambulance lands about ten minutes later, and take Luke away. They said he may have a punctured lung. That some of his ribs may be broken. There’s a sinking feeling in my stomach. Everybody gives me feared stares. There’s only one thing I can do.

I run home…

 Dad’s home when I get there. He is on the phone to someone. I don’t know who.
“…I’ll call you back” He says. I stand there in my P.E kit, waiting for him to say something. Tears trickle down my face.
“Steve, what’s wrong?” He inquires. “Why are you home?” Normally he would be angry, but he can see I’m in no mood for an argument.

 I tell him the whole story: my newfound strength and speed, the incident itself, and why I ran home. He gives me a hug and I cry into his shoulder.
“It’ll be ok.” He assures me. “We’ll go see how he’s doing later. Ok?”  I pull my head away from him and nod solemnly.
“Ok” I mumble.
We drive to the hospital nearest the school first about two hours later. We guess he’ll be there.

 We begin to wonder around the hospital, not having a clue where to go. Eventually we stop a doctor wondering down the corridor we are in. Dad asks him where we might find Luke. The doctor looks at the clipboard in his hand.
“I’m afraid Luke has passed away.” He says grimly. Tears well up in my eyes again.


I killed Luke…



Chapter Two-'More Than I Bargained For'
© Copyright 2008 Steve (webster26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500938-Blood-Lust