*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501586-Velvet-Lover
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1501586
Gay love and insanity hits modern gothic tales, as the morbid Velvet Lover clings.
    I once found it in particular odd, sometimes I feared that I might have an illusion of life. Yet, what I saw before me was true. An untitled image of my own behavior, as classical music played gently in the background-slow and mellow. I stare. "What have I done?" I question, looking down to the blood soaked ground-grimacing. In pieces on the floor lay the lover I once held, his arms mangled-his torso soaked in lovely velvet blood. The curtain rod torn from the studs in the wall-plaster hanging erect on the walls with the maroon dew dripping off the now colorful wallpaper. "I see you." I giggle. I knell, almost falling over from the sanity that was so hastily drifting away. I slide a finger across the blood, painting a tapestry of events in his blood. I fall to the floor, as though a child had taken over me-splashing and playing in the blood as it where summer again in grandma's backyard. With a small, sun faded blue pool, and the delicate and gracious smile of grandma sitting on the back porch watching us kids play. "Want to play tag?" I converse with the corpse of my lover. I lightly place a hang on him, and push a bit-his body moves a tad. I was amused by the movement-so I did it once more. I crawl over to the body and hug it tight. I start to hear banging noises, as I glance over at the door-it was talking to me.
    I sliver through the blood to get to the door, it was of Victorian style-almost rustic. "Yes I know! I understand what you mean!" I yell, "But, what if they come for me? The shadow-kin are after me!" the door remained silent for a bit. Then, without notice, it busted open! The shadow-kin in blue where at the door, all they where saying was, "Put your hands in the air." Yet, I had no hands to give to the air, I needed them to hold my lover. "No" I giggled, waving a bit back and forth, dancing in blood with my morbid lover. The shadow-kin repeated the same thing many times, I ignored-only caring about the red dew and torso of my lover, he was cold-I must keep him warm I thought. They came closer, pointing their magic tools at me, to my head. I knocked it away and hastily grabbed my lover again, "Stop it! He's mine. All mine to the end." I snickered and felt as though it were a game once more. I was safe here, it was home base! They couldn't get rid of me, I giggled and muttered under my breath. I thought everything was okay, it was all going to be okay. Then, one of them cast a spell on me, a sharp pain took in my neck, I grasped it. It was flowing with velvet love. The lust-colored dew sprawled across my body, and on my lovers. "You ch-cheaters.. I was at home base... cheaters." I gasped, and fell unto my lover, with eyes half open-I reached for his hand. Grasping it and with my fallen voice, I rasp, "Tag."
© Copyright 2008 Darckengel (darckengel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501586-Velvet-Lover