*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501737-The-Newest-Baby
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1501737
Baby animals wonder about this new baby.
    Up above the little stable, a star brighter than any ever seen was shining. The sheep had noticed it and wondered what it could mean. The cattle had seen how bright it was and mentioned it to the horses and camels. Whatever it means, it is beautiful and special and no one else's stable has one over it.

  Three little mice scurried across the rafters inside the stable. One scooted down a pole to the floor. "Look!" he cried to the other two. They stopped and peeped down to see what baby mouse had found.

    Calf was standing near a trough filled with hay. Gently, he sniffed the hay. It smelled different. "What kind of baby was this lying on the hay?"

    Baby donkey nudged Calf and said, "I've never seen anything like this before. Have you?"

    Mr. Rabbit and Mrs. Squirrel heard there was a special surprise in the stable and began their journey to  join the mice, the calf, and the baby donkey to see what it might be.

    Chipmunk scurried round and round Mrs. Squirrel as they made their way toward the stable. Raccoon saw everyone headed the same way and followed along. After all, he didn't want to be left out if something special had happened.

    At the door of the stable Mrs. Chicken and Mr. Rooster welcomed them all in to share the happiness and joy with those already gathered there. There were three wise men who had come from far, far away with gifts. Baby Lamb had heard his mother say there were many shepherds coming this way with gifts. All were coming because of this newest baby lying on the hay.

    "Shhh!" Baby Lamb said as they entered the stable. "Don't frighten our newest baby."

    As each one crept to the trough filled with hay, angels surrounding the new baby began to sing a lullaby.

    "I thought the stable was only for animals to sleep in," Calf whispered to Baby Horse.

    "Me too," said Baby Donkey.  "where did these humans come from? Why are they here?" he said looking at the newest baby's mother and father.

    Lamb said, "That is the surprise. The most important baby ever born was born here in OUR stable tonight."

    As they all looked at the baby lying in the manger he opened his tiny eyes bright and clear as the special star shining above the stable. All the animals gasped expecting the baby to cry. But this baby did not cry. He looked at all the baby animals and smiled. As he smiled the stable instantly lit up from the heavenly light that shown around the angels that hovered around the baby.

    Lamb looked at each one gathered and said, "This newest baby's name is Jesus."

    At the mention of His name each animal knelt and bowed before the child. Baby Jesus closed His eyes and slept again. Each of the animals silently lay down more peaceful than they had ever been as the Angels sang softly on this Holy night.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


words:504
© Copyright 2008 Sandy~HopeWhisperer (sandy1219 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501737-The-Newest-Baby