*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501805-A-Man-and-His-Kayak
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1501805
the man in the kayak would like to keep his identitiy a secret.
I sat there in my kayak, my wet suit socks filling with blood after I stood on a piece of glass before I launched my boat into the water I guess that should of been a warning telling me today was not a good day to paddle. I don’t know why I didn’t stop I think I just wanted to prove that I wasn’t a member of the club just so I could mess around with mates I wanted to show that I was brave. Two hours down the river and I could already hear the sound of the gushing waterfall that I was approaching. No man has ever managed to survive such a horror of being thrown over the edge of a 20 foot waterfall. I still had a chance to bail and get to the river bank on time. My choice was simple; get to the side and live, or go over the edge and take my chance with death. By the time I had made the decision that my family was more important than giving into my peers it was too late. The Afon Tawi was way too dangerous to run, especially alone. I mean- rule number one: always canoe with a minimum of three people. Before I knew it I was hurled over the edge of the waterfall, I hit the bottom of the river. My boat tipped up and I had shooting pains in my head. I pulled at my deck and kept hold of my kayak. The power of the waterfall pulled me under, my lungs tightened as I grabbed at my throat and chest. I was finally released by the hands of death. I shouted with what breath I had left at a passing helicopter, not knowing if it had seen me, the falls pulled me under once again.

My name is Joshua Jackson, I am twenty five years old a husband and farther of two and this is just the beginning of my story.

End Of Part One

Kelsey Haggard Age 13


© Copyright 2008 K.J. Haggard (sonneto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501805-A-Man-and-His-Kayak