*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501866-It-All-Started-With-A-Kiss
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1501866
How a kiss can mean two different things.
It all started with a kiss. It’s dark outside tonight.  My eyes are closed; I’m turning off one of my senses, heightening those that remain.  I welcome the warmth of your embrace and I feel like a Popsicle left in the sun; I can’t help but melt in your arms. I have never been happier than being right here, right now, it’s like being in a dream.  I can feel you drawing me closer and I know this is the start of something beautiful.  My breathing is sporadic, you’ve stolen my breath away and it feels amazing.  Shivers dance across my skin and I know nothing will be the same after this.  As your lips brush mine, the emotion buried in the depths of my heart fight for freedom; they want to tell you how much I love you but I hold them back, words would ruin this moment. 

It’s raining out tonight.  My eyes are closed; the world black like his heart.  My senses are numb to the world that I want to escape to and I’m trapped.  I accept his embrace as my curse; something that will haunt my dreams.  I can feel him dragging me closer and I know the end is near.  My breathing is sporadic; I’m terrified and vulnerable.  Shivers crawl up my spine and I freeze not knowing what to do; feeling like I’m trapped in quicksand unable to move.  As your lips touch mine the emotion buried in the broken pieces of my heart fight to come out, my anger, my sorrow, my pain.  They fight to scream out and be heard but I hold them back for my own safety.  It all ended with a kiss.
© Copyright 2008 Tanya S. (tanyas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501866-It-All-Started-With-A-Kiss