*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501944-Living-as-Victors
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mike
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1501944
What the word says about living victorious


Many Christian are living below what God has made available for them. God’s word says that we can live a more than an abundant life, and that we can live as victors in every situation.


         I Corinthians 15:57

         But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory
         through our Lord Jesus Christ


God has given us the victory through his son, Jesus Christ. He sent his son so that by Christ’s victory we have the victory also.


         I John 5: 4,5

         For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:
         and this is the victory that overcometh the world,
         even our faith

         Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that
         believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?          


By our believing we can overcome the world, we can live as victors and have the more abundant life. Jesus Christ came, suffered, died and rose again so that we could have the victory and be victorious in our daily lives. The Amplified bible give a more complete translation of these verses.


         I John 5: 4,5

         For whatsoever is born of God is victorious
         over the world; and this is the victory that
         conquers the world, even our faith

         Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers]
         the world but he who believes that Jesus is
         the son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and
         relies on that fact]?



When we believed Romans 10: 9,10, we confessed with our mouth, Jesus as lord and we believed in our heart that God raised him from the dead. It was at that moment that we became victorious in every situation in our life. Jesus Christ paid the price for the victory. The world has no power over us unless we allow it, or do not believe what the word says about us. A great example of how we are victorious can be seen with Abraham, and the promise that he would be a father of many nations.



         Romans 4: 20-25

         He [ Abraham] staggered not at the promise of
         God through unbelief; but was strong in faith,
         giving glory to God;

         And being fully persuaded that, what he had
         promised, he was able also to perform.

         And therefore it was imputed to him for
         righteousness.

         Now it was not written for his sake alone,
         that it was imputed to him;

         But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed,
         if we believe on him that raised up Jesus
         our Lord from the dead;

         Who was delivered for our offences, and was
         raised again for our justification. 



Abraham believed God’s promise and received the victory to be a father of many nations. We too can have victory in our lives when we believe the promises that are ours. Each one of us can walk with our head held high and know that we are sons of God. We are God’s children.



         I John 4:4

         Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:
         because greater is he that is in you, then he that is in the world.



We are a part of God’s family, and the victory is not because of us but because of what God did through Christ. Remember, we have Christ in us. We have Holy Spirit and as we walk by the spirit we can overcome anything that we encounter in our daily lives. Our victory has already been won. The battle that we fight is in our minds, deciding to believe the word of God or to go with what we learn by our five senses. When we believe God’s promises then we are victorious. Jesus Christ came not so that we could live life as weak and down trodden christians, but as victors and conquerors.



         Romans 8: 35-37          

         Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall
         tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine,
         or nakedness, or peril, or sword

         As it is written, for thy sake we are killed all the
         day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter

         Nay, [no] in all these things we are more than
         conquerors through him that loved us.


We are more than conquerors in every situation. So what way do we want to go, the way God wants us to live or the way the world tells us we should go. I would rather live God’s way and live victorious, knowing that all my needs are met and that I will always be the victor no matter what the world throws at me. Jesus Christ came to bring us out of the snare of the adversary; we walk above the care and concerns of the world, not letting the world influence us. By putting the word on in our hearts and lives we can walk with God through his son Jesus Christ. Why did God make us victorious? Because he loved us even when we were lost in guilt and sin. He made a way for us to live the more abundant life and to be a part of his family.



         John 3: 16,17

         For God so loved the world, that he gave his
         only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in
         him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

         For God sent not his son into the world to condemn
         the world; but that the world through him might
         be saved.



God loved us so much that he gave his son to die for us. Could you allow your son or daughter to die? It would be hard to see you child die and not do anything to stop it. Well God loved us that much. He allowed Jesus Christ to suffer and die then raised him up so that we could be part of his family and be able to live victorious. What a great victory it is, nothing can stop us, not sickness and disease, fear, worries, anxiety, or death when we put the word of God on and walk knowing that we are the victors. It is the light of the word that dispels darkness. Even if we were to die today we would still have the victory, we will live life eternally when Christ returns for his saints. So we win even in death.



         II Corinthians 2:14

         Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to
         triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of
         his knowledge by us in every place.


         
We will always triumph when we believe and trust in God and his word. In my life I want the victory so I am going to put the word in my heart and life then walk out knowing that God is always there and I just need to put my trust in him. I want to walk with God, living the abundant life that he has called me to. I want others to know that they too can be victorious and can become a part of a wonderful family, God’s wonderful family.


What about you? Don’t you want to be victorious today and everyday, walking hand in hand with a loving father who will love you and take care of every need in your life? I know that the world has nothing to offer me that is greater then what my heavenly father can give me. So I will put God first and walk out on the word knowing that I can be victorious in every situation that comes up in my life.
© Copyright 2008 mike (mike57 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501944-Living-as-Victors