*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1502233-Murali-vs-bradman
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by nalin
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Sports · #1502233
It was a special moment in Sri Lanka cricket! Comparsion betwee great Bradman Vs Murali
Murali-Bradman in Bowling
It was a special moment in Sri Lanka cricket! There is no bowler within sight who can even get close to Murali. He has capacity to go for many more years and get wickets for his motherland. His contribution has been so significant in the success story of Sri Lankan cricket. As a person he is always positive towards competition and towards his team. He is every inch a team player and in many ways his unselfish attitude would contribute against his personal performance. This is a small comparison between Murali and Bradman-all-time best batsman in world cricket.
Bradman (1928-1948) played 52 test matches in his career. He scored 29(55.76%) hundreds and 12 two hundreds (23%). Up to now Murali played 118 test matches .He took five wickets for 62(52.54%) times and ten wicket hold on 20 times (16.94%).One could imagine how difficult it is to take wickets consistency through over 100 matches. once considering performance analysis by innings Bradman scored his highest score (334) in first inning of the match. Murali too took his career best of 9 for 51 against England in the first inning of the match. Both payers did this at the outside of their home soil and Vs England. And Bradman and Murali always performed well against England. Bradman scored highest runs in his career of 5028 against England while Murali    also took 112 wickets (his best against any opponent) against England. Once considering analysis of performance at home and away, Bradman scored 4322 of his total 6996 runs at home averaging 61.78% runs at home. While Murali too took 451 wickets of his total 723 wickets at home. His average wicket taking at home was 62.37%.
By looking at this Murali can be easily equal to the performance of Bradman. In the spinning Department still it is Muralitharan who is the legend and match wining bowler. He can bowl next five years too. According to the statistics and marvelous performance it is quite clear that easily he could become one of the top cricketer in a Wisden Almanack in 21st Century. He has all right to claim in this regard.
Sources : Statistics from HowSTAT.com
(Up to 31.12.2008)
© Copyright 2008 nalin (nalin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1502233-Murali-vs-bradman