*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503045-Morality
by galeri
Rated: · Article · Political · #1503045
Morality and Socialist Society


The world's most progressive,humane and noble morality is communist morality.It expresses the interests of the absolute majority of members of society,the interests and ideals of all working people,and not merely the interests of a handful of exploiters.

Communist morality embraces the ordinary standards of human behavior which people have formulated in the course of their struggle against exploitation.It is common knowledge that the distinctive features of people of labor have always been straightforwardness,honesty,willpower and courage;they fulfill their obligations to one another,to the family and old people.In the struggle against exploitation and in joint labor they developed such moral qualities as mutual assistance,fraternal solidarity and intolerence of slackers and parasites.These qualities are the foundation of those simple moral standards which were handed down over the centuries by one generation to the other.An especially important role in the development of society,in formulating the standards and requirements of communist morality is played by the morality of the working class,the most progressive class of our age,the creator of the new,communist society.

Communist morality originated under capitalism where it expressed the protest of the proletariat against exploitation and inequality,its desire to introduce rules of human behavior based on friendship,comradely cooperation and mutual assistance free from capitalist slavery.But in capitalist society the morality of the working class,of the working people does not hold sway.It begins to prevail with the abolition of capitalism and the establishment of socialist society.

Communist morality Lenin pointed out,is subordinated to the interests of the proletariet's class struggle,whose content and aim is to build and consolidate communism.

Labor is the source of society's wealth and the personal well being of each member of socialist society;labor is the duty and matter of honor for each citizen in socialist society.That is why conscientous labor for the good society,concern on the part of everyone for the preservation and growth of public wealth are prime demands of communist morality.

The lofty principles of communist morality stem from the very nature of the socialist system,from it's economic basis,public ownership of the means of production.It unites people,enables them to live and work according to the principles of fratenal friendship,mutual respect and cooperation.Hence such an important principle of communism, as collectivism and comradely mutual assistance expressed in the slogan:one for all and all for one.

The principle of collectivism means that the main thing in man's behavior is to serve society,the collective,to subordinate his personal interests to public interests.Socialism affirms a morality which is basically unlike the morality of capitalism,a morality of cooperation and collectivism,friendship and mutual assistance.The most important demand of this morality is to promote the well being of the people and the all-around development of the individual in conditions of collectivism.It is important to note that in socialist society concern for the social interests does not run counter to the interests of the individual.

The principle of collectivism underlies the approch to duty and honor to be intolerent of actions harmful to the public interest,to be useful to society,to contribute to it's advance.If a man does everthing in his power for society,for the good of the people,his conscience is clear and he has a high sence of civic duty.

The development of proletarian internationalism,of socialist patriotism and humanism is an indispensable condition for implanting the principles of communist morality in the minds of the people.Socialist humanism is of a higher,qualitively new type.It consists of genuinely humane relations and mutual respect,man to man is a friend,comrade and brother.Socialist humanism combines respect,love for man and concern for his material and spiritual welfare with vigilance and uncompromising attitude to the enemies of communism,peace and the freedom of the nations.

Communist morality demands that people observe the rules of the socialist way of life,calls for a courteous attitude toward older people and women,mutual respect in the family and concern for the upbringing of children.Love,equality and mutual assistance between husband and wife,friendship and mutual trust of parents and children comprise the ethical foundation of the family in socialist society.

The principles of communist morality also require definite traits in man's character:honesty and truthfulnes,moral purity,simplicity and modesty in social and private life,an uncompromissing attitude to injustice,parasitism,dishonesty and money-grubbing.


Robert LaVida
© Copyright 2008 galeri (appius at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503045-Morality