*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503065-Fears-of-the-HeartChapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1503065
Love story of vampires, elves, and thieves. She fears others. He fears himself.
    Fallon had dreams of soaring through the sky. She was safe in someone's warm arms. Safety was not a feeling she was familiar with. Not in reality anyways. Her life was pure danger. That is all she knew. Deep down



she always dreamed of finding safety, but that was all it was. A dream. When she woke she was not in the room where she had been when she had lost consciousness. She sat up quickly and winced as her leg gave a



painful throb.



"Your leg needs to stay as stationary as possible, Fallon." She looked at Patton.



"Where are we?"



"A small home in Autumn Leaf."



"I was out that long?"



"No. One of my powers is speed"



"Do you think we can head towards the Snow Pines?"



"What's in Snow Pines?"



"My band." The thought of Billy alone with all the young ones. He was a bit wreckless. "I must see if they are safe."



"It is a two week ride."



"I am aware of that. I need to settle things. Make sure everything is taken care of. You don't have to go to the Hide Away, but I do. I need to make sure that everyone got back alright. Make sure certain people leave."



"You lead them." She sighed.



"I have my share of responsabilities as do every one else. I have a few more than the most."



"We can make our way towards Pines"



"Thank you." Patton never did favors for others. Why did he feel he had to do as this woman asked? He had been asked by several humans and elves for favors. He never obligied, yet he felt he had to this for her.



"Your leg is in need of splinting."



"Just do it." Fallon gritted her teeth as Patton set her leg. He then splinted it.



"I will go cut a crutch so you aren't completly immobile." Patton handed her a cloth satchel as he stood. Inside she found her knives. All of them.



"Here you are"



"I thank you Patton" They were in scilence for a long time.



"Fallon, what is your blood line?"



"I am an orphan. I don't not know, nor do I care."



"It is not just Elven."



"I am a being. I have limited magic. That is all I wish to know of my blood line." Her voice betrayed just how bitter she was towards this subject.



"I have a twin. He is as I am. I have an older half brother. He is half werewolf. We do not get along at all. I have a younger sister. She can't be a vampire. Vampires aren't female." Why would he say that. No one ever got



that information from him. What the hell had gotten in to him?



"Really? What are there names?"



"Parker's the oldest. Then Gabriel and Jade."



"Patton, how'd you scare it away?"



"All werewolves are scared of a being with more power than themselves. That's why Parker never comes around Gabriel and myself."



"But you are his brother."



"If he needs help he knows he can ask us."



"Family should mean more than that."



"How would you know?" She looked at him, hiding the pain his words caused.



"I know what it's like to have no one care. No one to worry if you are ill, injured. Appreciate what you have. I never had any of it."



"Your-" Fallon cut him off.



"My mother signed the papers before I was out of the womb. I was never wanted. The orphanage made all of us painfully aware of that everyday." She shrugged. "We were not of nobility."



"You can change your own fate, Fallon. Educate yourself. Make life better that what it is."



"And how do I do that? I have no money, I don't use the things I steal for myself. I take care of several children. I am giving them a roof over there head and at least 2 hot meals every day. It's more than I ever got."



    Patton studied the face of the woman before him. Her eyes were intense.



"I'll help you"
© Copyright 2008 Oasis Shy (gintimering at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503065-Fears-of-the-HeartChapter-4