*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503221-Dear-Alberta
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Inspirational · #1503221
confusion, stand, strength, determination, adversity
Dear Alberta,
I know I wasn't born here, or raised here, but I came out here to help you out as much as I did to help myself. I knew you weren't perfect, Alberta, but I had no idea you had so many alarming, deadly flaws.

Do you see us as invaders, because we're what we call back home "come from away's" ? Why does West continue to battle East? You taunt us with the promises of success and then tear it from our eager hands,taking tiny pieces of some and sometimes whole souls into the abyss that is you.

You were an easy idea to fall in love with, Alberta, but people have a hard time wrapping their head around how brutal reality can be, living with you.
Living with you, Alberta, is like being in an abusive relationship. You shower us with gifts that we all search for all our lives, and then you beat us down , and we won't leave you just yet. We'll wait to see if it gets better, and then cautiously enjoy life when it does, and just as we let down our guard, you'll smash us with another crisis-wielding fist...
And on goes the cycle of Waiting To See If It Will Get Any Better, partnered with a cold dose of Secretly Waiting to Succeed Just to Spite You.

Cowboys are supposed to be here in the aptly named "Wild West". But Chivalry...ohh, it left, and it's every man for himself.
I've learned this quickly, and the hard way.

All I have to say..is that if you think I am the type who will sit back and watch you crush everything....

Alberta, you've got the wrong girl.

© Copyright 2008 faerydust (faerydust099 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503221-Dear-Alberta