*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503478-of-gratitude
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tpr
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Emotional · #1503478
I was very emotional that day, and hungover.
There is none such thing as appealing as gratitude. It is what feeds the poor, it's the alternative energy source of a dying planet. You could live off it if you tried. And it’s so in vain.

What people don’t grasp is that gratitude is a mere bonus to the helper, the perk of the job, quite possibly the cherry on the cake. Luckily, thankfuckfully even, people have no idea, none what so ever, that we help out of desire not out of greed. We help because we want to, whether it be for the self-salvation or the mere satisfaction of your wellbeing. There is indeed beauty in a smile, there is brilliance in the smile of those you hold dear. That very same brilliance I long for, sometimes live for, it's that which makes one tick. And I wish I could help forever, and I hope to god you don’t forget. Just know that I would continue working without the career opportunity, without the paid vacation and the company car, minimum wage if I have to.
© Copyright 2008 tpr (olenpriit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503478-of-gratitude